CHAPTER-29

Thanks for commenting and voting for my previous Chapter

Reena was in Rocky's embrace both were sitting on the poolside of the Guest house Reena and Rajendra Desai were staying till the wedding. The engagement and other rituals will take place there. Rocky buried his face into Reena's hair and sniffed the flowery scent. Reena giggled as his breath tickled her nape. "I am soooo happy Rocky." Said Reena drawing patterns on his chest. Rocky rubbed her back and said, "Even I am happy Shona." Suddenly Rocky felt his shirt getting a bit wet and lifted Reena's chin and saw her wet eyes. 'What's it Shona?" he asked. Reena controlled her tears a bit and said, "I miss Ma." Rocky was taken aback by her answer as no one can replace her, he just rubbed her back and kissed her tears away, and said, "Baby, I know no one can replace mothers but I'll try my level best to give you all the love as she did."

 He finished saying this and took her lips into his and sucked them gently. Reena gave in and they broke the kiss as they heard a voice, "Oops sorry." It was Reya she turned away seeing the couple kissing. Reena immediately pushed Rocky away and tried to normalize the situation. "Hi Reya, how do you do?" she asked. Rocky smiled at Reena and asked, "What's it Reya?" Reya slowly turned and peeked at the couple by slightly opening an eye and opening both eyes seeing them both at a decent distance. "We have to go home brother." Said Reya. Rocky looked at Reena and turned towards Reya and said, "You go I'll come in a bit." "No way Dadi asked me to bring you along with me." Said Reya pulling Rocky by his arms and waving bye at Reena. "Bye Ree will see you at Haldi tomorrow morning." Said Reya dragging away Rocky.

The next day Haldi was arranged and everyone smeared haldi on Rocky and Reena. Priya just touched Roeena's cheeks with haldi with a disinterested face. Rocky was heavily disappointed as his mother was behaving coldly. Reena pressed his hand to comfort him. Rohan arrived at the ceremony a bit late and began to buzz around Reya under the pretext of helping her. After Haldi Indrajit announced that the Bride and the groom should not meet till the wedding shocking Roeena. Shakthi had to take care of Rocky and Reya was given the responsibility of keeping an eye on Reena. At that point, Rohan met Reena and conveyed his wishes for her wedding. In the evening, the mehendi function was taking place in the garden area and Rocky trained his newly bought binoculars to get a good view of his Shona. 

Once he was satisfied with the angle at which he could see his Shona, the binoculars were neatly snatched by Shakthi. "No Cheating dear Brother." Said Shakthi making Rocky pout. "You will understand my feelings when you get married to my sister." Said Rocky crossing his arms. Shakthi gave a small smile and said nothing. "By the way when are you going to propose to her?" asked Rocky sitting on a bean bag. Shakthi sat near him and said, "I don't think she is interested in me." " Why do you say that, you guys are together always." Said Rocky with a shrug.

 "That's the point she is friend-zoning me, she never sees the love I have for her she always thinks of it as a sign of friendship." Said Shakthi looking down he spotted Reya with Rohan there. Rocky followed his line of sight and found his sister chatting happily with a boy. "Who's that?" asked Rocky. That brought Shakthi out of his la land." "Who?" asked Shakthi. "That boy with Reya." Answered Rocky looking at them. "Rohan Luthra." Answered Shakthi shortly. "Mmmm," said Rocky looking at his sister who was roaring with laughter at something that Rohan had told. He looked at Shakthi who was looking at them with sad eyes. Rocky made a mental note to talk to Reya about this as soon as his marriage is over.

It was late at night and everyone retired to their chambers for rest Rocky slowly slipped into Reena's room through the balcony. He slid the glass door and found Reya snoozing on the bed Reena was sitting on a chair with an album open her hands were filled with mehendi and she slowly turned the pages with her elbows. Rocky slowly made his way near her by crawling, he closed her mouth with his hand as she was about to scream. He rested his forehead against hers and whispered against her lips and said," I have come to meet my girlfriend for the last time." Reena's eyes widened in shock and she was about to say something but Rocky cut in and continued, "From tomorrow you will become my wife."

 Reena smiled and gestured for him to look at the album she had on her lap. Rocky took the album from her lap and a few other albums near her and made her walk to the balcony and both settled on the swing there. Rocky closed the glass door and drew the curtains so that Reya won't see them if she woke up. He saw the albums filled with Reena and Rajendra Desai, their fun moments, celebrations, and holidays, and all-seeing that Rocky understood the extent of love Rajendra Desai had for his daughter. He promised himself that he will shower love a hundred times more than Rajendra Desai did. Finally, they took the last album which was full of Reena's mom's pictures. Pictures of baby and toddler Reena with her Mother. "This picture was taken a week before Mom left us." Said Reena pointing to a picture with her mehendi-covered finger. Rocky put an arm around her rubbing her back to soothe her. "Today would have been the happiest day for her if she was with me." Sobbed Reena. "Look there, Shona." Showed Rocky there was a star twinkling. "That's your Mom, I think." He said wiping away Reena's tears so that she could have a better view. Reena saw it and snuggled into Rocky's neck and sobbed slightly until she slept.