Chapter 26

Dredge lead the way out of the dungeons and then turned to Lucien.

"I've never been inside the castle of this faction, so we may have to explore a little." He told him, "At least there are no guards to worry about, she killed them all when she came into power two hundred and eleven years ago."

"I can help with that."

Lucien and Dredge both turned around to find the source of the voice, only to find that it was a small boy who looked to be around Raziel's age. The boy had almond skin and messy black hair, partially covering his right eye. His yellow eyes were somewhat narrow and had cat-like pupils, working well with his slender jawline and thin eyebrows. His nose was also quite slender, but the tip of his nose was slightly upturned. He wore a black turtleneck paired with some navy blue jeans and a pair of red boots, and around his neck sat a red scarf.

"I've explored parts of the castle when Princess Precious was busy attacking other kingdoms, I know that place like the back of my hand." The boy stated.

Lucien was about to speak, when Raziel walked up to the boy and introduced himself.

"I'm Raziel, what's your name?"

"I'm Saber, Saber Hildegarde."

"Hildegarde... Wait, are you related to Forassicus?" Edward asked.

"He was my father, before he..."

Saber sighed.

"Princess Precious tried to force him to fight against Darkheart, but he didn't want to. When the battle was supposed to start, my father tried to reason with her, telling her to call off the fight and all, but she didn't like that he opposed her and she killed him..."

"That sounds like her, she always was driven by violence and murder." Lucien stated.

"We're gonna go take her down, care to join us?" Edward offered.

"Edward I swear to god, do not invite a small child on a murder mission." Evelyn scolded.

"Why? He probably wants revenge."

"He's a child, Edward!"

"But Raziel's a child and he gets to join us."

"Raziel is Lucien's son, and if you remember Lucien told him to stay home. The only reason he's joining us is because it's safer than letting him wander around in an unfamiliar place."

"If it helps, I can look after myself. My mother works a lot, she's one of Mistress Lucinda's servants so she spends most of her time in the third faction. My mother also lets me play out in the streets with my father's old weapons because she can't afford toys." Saber mentioned.

"That sounds incredibly dangerous and highly irresponsible." Albas said.

"But I know how to defend myself. There was a man who tried to steal from me, but I used one of my father's old swords to scare him off. I also know how to lockpick because my dad taught me how to and I can squeeze into small spaces."

"Can he dad? Pleeeeease?" Raziel pleaded.

"Raziel, it is far too dangerous."

"Mommyyyyyyy, can Saber join us?"

"Razzy, I'm with your father on this one, it is much too dangerous. And what would his poor mother think?"

"But he's the only one who knows his way around the castle, we need him."

"How about we make a compromise? Saber can stay with us until we get to the throne room, and then you and Saber can play outside the throne room under Albas's watchful eyes." Noelle suggested.

"I like that idea, then I can get to know Saber more!"

"Can I tag along afterwards too? I need to give something to Calamity and I wanna go see my mother when she goes on break." Saber asked.

"Of course, sweetheart. This place does seem quite dangerous."

Saber smiled and walked into the castle.

"Next stop, throne room."