Chapter 4

"Isabella Nightshade was my mother's closest friend and the royal scientist of Darkheart while my mother's reign was still active. She was obsessed with turning both herself and my mother into immortal beings, but as far as I'm aware the closest she managed to get to achieving this was creating Lucinda. During her quest for immortality, she stumbled upon a chemical which she believed would make her immortal and chose to test it on herself, however consuming this chemical altered her brain and she lost her mind. For whatever reason, Doctor Nightshade fled the kingdom shortly after." Lucien explained.

"As one of the former leaders of The Kriluxean Empire, I can tell you exactly what happened after she fled the kingdom of Darkheart." Lord Dredge began, "After leaving Darkheart behind, Doctor Nightshade fled to The Kriluxean Empire, convincing the leader of the first faction to let her be his successor. She continued her experiments revolving around immortality and by the time she had taken her predecessor's place, she had discovered a way to expand her lifespan indefinitely. She discovered that the chemical she had created in Darkheart would expand her lifespan by two years for every fifty millilitres of it that she consumed, however consuming more than that at once would cause unwanted side effects that would never go away. Because of this, she only takes her elixir of life once every two years, however it has not prevented her from visibly aging. Eventually she decided to have a child, teaching him about her scientific work passing her faction of the empire to him once he came of age, but she did not wish to give up control of the empire even after she stepped down as one of its leaders, so now she works as his royal advisor."

"Speaking of leaders, who are the current leaders of The Kriluxean Empire and in which order can we kick their asses?" Edward asked.

"The leader of the second faction is the only leader who does not command any guards, she murdered them all as she prefers to work alone. We could also retrieve a valuable ally on the way to defeating her as she has a Darkheartian royal locked in her dungeon, so it would be advised to defeat her first. She may be rather difficult to defeat, however, as she is a demon and she appears to wield a magic that I have never seen before. Her name is-"

"Precious." Lucien interrupted, "She is my half sister, her homicidal tendencies are incredibly strong and she has consistently made attempts on my life ever since she was old enough to pick up a knife. I've been waiting a long time for a chance to take her down."

"I take it you're familiar with Constantine, the Darkheartian royal who she has kept behind bars for however many years."

"He is my cousin." Lucien replied.

"So we head in the general direction of Krilux, hide somewhere, disguise ourselves, follow you to this hidden gate, get the guard drunk, sneak in, rescue Lucien's cousin, then kick some ass?" Edward questioned, trying to get the gist of things.

"That is one way to put it. As for who to target first, that depends on whether you wish to face an army of undead soldiers or an army of dark wizards who just so happen to also be highly skilled swordsmen." Dredge replied.

"I would advise taking on the undead soldiers first, your highness. I am rather skilled at sending those back to the grave as I am trained in dispelling certain kinds of magic, necromancy just so happens to be one of them." Albas stated.

"Then we shall face Princess Precious Calvaire of the second faction, then The Skeletal Soulstealer of the first faction, and finally Mistress Lucinda of the third faction."

"Wait, Lucinda?" Edward said.

Edward then looked at Lucien with an expression of shock and realisation, which Lucien instantly returned. Looking around the room, it was clear that everybody else who knew Lucinda thought that this was just a coincidence, but Edward and Lucien both knew that this was no coincidence...