Chapter 21

Edward continued to run through the forest in the direction of the noise, hoping to find whatever had caused the sound. He kept running until he stumbled across a young lady, seemingly in her teenage years. She had pale skin and looked to be around 5'2". Her navy blue hair was tied up in a high ponytail that almost reached her hips, but her bright pink, chin length fringe was loose and partially covered her right eye. Her icy blue left eye was a stark contrast from her deep red right eye, but both of them worked well with the colours present in her hair. Her eyes were also quite big, which worked well with her thin black eyebrows and her petite facial features. She was wearing a pair of white-framed rounded glasses, along with a white halter top, an indigo plaid miniskirt, some dark blue heels with ankle straps and a pair of fishnet stockings that were held to her thighs by some black garters.

"I didn't expect to see anyone out here."

The girl jumped at the sound of his voice and turned to look at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Please, allow me to introduce myself. Earl Edward VonHaunte, at your service." Edward said, introducing himself with a bow.

She instantly bowed down to him.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise you were an earl. I'm April, April Mastriano, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"No need to apologise, I don't dress like a noble so I wouldn't expect you to know."

"I should have known though, my father and uncle are lords, I'm used to being around the nobility."

"You said your name is April Mastriano, you wouldn't by any chance be Dredge's niece, would you?"

"Yeah, you know my uncle?"

"Yeah, he and I are friends. We were just talking about the local legends associated with this forest, the creepier legends are always the coolest."

"I'm into that kinda stuff too! I was actually just going to investigate The Abyssal Cave, apparently those who enter it never return."

"Apparently there's a portal in there, do you think they got sucked in and that's why they're not coming back?"

"Maybe, but that's what I'm trying to find out. I wonder what kind of portal it is..."

"Just be careful, ok? Getting swallowed by the abyss doesn't sound like a good way to go."

"I will, I've never actually been there before so I need to find it first. The hardest part of investigating caves is actually finding the caves in the first place."

"I can imagine. Good luck, April."

"Thanks Edward, I'm gonna need it."

And with that, April walked away to try and find the cave. 

Edward ran back to the group, an excited look on his face.

"You'll never guess who I just met? Hint, we were just talking about her." He said to Dredge.

"April?"

"Ding ding ding!"

"Why is she in the woods?"

"She said she was trying to find The Abyssal Cave because she wanted to investigate it."

"Oh for goodness sake, that girl and her investigations. Why can't she be into something safer, like makeup or reading or something, isn't that what most fifteen year olds are into?"

"I think it's kinda cool, if we weren't on a mission I would have joined her."

Dredge sighed.

"Let's just keep moving, she probably won't find The Abyssal Cave, that place is just an old legend."