𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵.

Start from the beginning

I turn to stop when I reach the end of an empty hallway, everyone's in their classes so no one should see me. I rest my back against the creamy white wall. I glide down to the floor against it whilst my eyes close, my breathing going back to how it's supposed to.

I'm not going to cry.

I'm not going to waste my tears on the past.

Lunch

Taehyun's P.O.V

The ringing of the lunch bell signals my departure from class whilst other students do the same. I've noticed that there are a lot of new students, they're mostly seniors which is kind of weird but I don't care. There's only one thing on my mind right now, and it's a haunting lie that's been eating me up ever since that very day.

The shouts, the screams of a dying man aren't so far away. That very day I was masked and named a murderer.

A nightmare that I relive in my sleep, daily activities, and alone.

'I didn't feel alone for a period of time though.'

Walking speedily, I reach a corner before taking out my phone, searching for a specific number in my phone. I look around, making sure no one hears the conversation I am about to have. My father finally answers, the inhale I take stables me, calms me for the words that leave my mouth. Words that my father ignores, brushes off, and makes me feel incompetent for. I mean how would you feel if even your own father didn't believe you.

"We need to do something about it! It's eating me alive!" I whisper shout into the phone hoping to drill my point into his head, a point I've been trying to make for years. "What are you talking about?" His gruff voice surprising me, although I shouldn't be surprised. "You know exactly what I'm talking about! The man, Chaeryeong's dad" Sternly, I close my eyes shut, restraining the urge to yell. "We don't talk about that incident. You made a mistake, and I took care of it, like any parent would. It was years ago Taehyun, let it go." I can't help the blunt chuckle that comes out of my mouth. "No dad, it wasn't a mistake, I didn't do a thing, why can't you listen?!"

"Raise your voice again and I'll hang up."

I take another deep breath.

"I'm not a murderer, and if you still don't believe me after all these years, then I'll go to the police and make them believe me!" The words come out like a threat, but I don't regret my tone. I'm met with the sweet sound of silence, it makes my skin crawl, makes me feel like the helpless kid who couldn't do anything but wish it were silent.

The shouts, the screams of a dying man are never far from my mind.

"For goodness sake Taehyun, you were playing around with the controls when security arrived at the scene. You were there alone with the man for more than an hour." My breathing's irregular as I take a step back, my sweaty palms meeting the cold wall behind me. Tears blur my vision, and I let them fall. "You're supposed to believe me. Believe me, please" My voice is weak, breaking and barely a whisper. However, my father ignores me and continues, implanting the memory of that day, me forced into handcuffs, my eyes unable to look away from the dead man covered by a white blanket.

The ambulance's siren being the chorus of such disaster.

"How do you expect me to believe you?! You were there, hands on the buttons, caught red handed! Even the CCTV was coincidently turned off!" He hears my silent sobs and grows quiet. If I could see his face, he'd most likely have pity expressed on his face, but he wouldn't do a thing to sooth me.

"I-I didn't..."

'Or did I?'

"We'll talk about this later."

He hung up.

The tears don't stop, I'm not sure they can stop.

HELLOOO!

How was your day?

Any thoughts or predictions for this chapter?

Sorry, it was pretty sad but I promise you'll be rewarded with sweet moments between the two at some point!

MEME!!!!

see ya next time <3

▼・ᴥ・▼