Chapter 20

Y/N's POV:

I can't believe we've been filming for almost a whole month now. Jenna and I are sitting at a table, her head on my shoulder, about to film the subway scene that she's not in, so she's on break.

"Hey, Y/N," the lead makeup artist calls out, "Mason tells me you're good with special effects makeup?"

"Yes, I know how to use the materials."

"Great!" he says, "Jasmin needs a slice and three stabs on her stomach. Prosthetics are in the makeup trailer on the top shelf."

"Ok, I have to help out, Jenna, they're a little short staffed."

"Awww, ok," she seems a little sad, but understanding.

"Hey Jasmin, I guess I'm your new makeup artist."

"This will be fun," she remarks. I reach up to the top shelf and grab the box of prosthetics.

Stabs—Jasmin. Perfect. I grab some acetone to thin the silicone and begin to apply them to her.

"So, Y/N, when were you gone tell me you have feelings for Jenna?"

"What— what do you mean?" I pretend to play dumb.

"You guys are always together, and don't tell me you're that physically affectionate with your friends," she states.

"We're not always together," I try to defend myself.

"Saturday sunrises, movie nights, breaks on set. You're never apart," Jasmin points out.

"So... we just have a lot to catch up on!"

"I dunno, Y/N. I sense something very LGBT happening." I put the cap back on the acetone and take out the fake blood, "Jenna's straight."

"That's what everyone has told themselves at some point."

"Shut up!"

"Stab wounds are so uncomfortable," Jasmin complains.

"Tell that to someone with a real stab wound."

Jasmin's POV:

The subway scene was so intense to film. We spent three whole hours on that two minute take. To be fair, it's hard to get good blocking on a crowded subway, but three hours is a long time.

"I am gonna sleep tonight," I remark.

"Yeah. Get those almost eight hours," Mason cheers. We've finally wrapped up shooting for the day, and all of us are thankful that we didn't have to work late into the night. Except maybe Y/N who I know likes to watch sunrises with Jenna. "Platonically."

Jenna, Melissa, Mason and I are headed to a fast food place to get a quick dinner, all of us are fighting between in-n-out burger and macDonalds.

"In-n-out burgers are just supreme," Mason argues.

"Yeah but macDonalds milkshakes slap!" I point out.

"Jenna, what do you want to eat?" Melissa asks, trying to break the tie.

"You guys, we all know she wants Y/N," I tease her.

"I don't— I'm not..." she tries to respond.

"Ok, we're getting in-n-out," Melissa says, breaking the tie.

"Fiiiine," I say, defeated, pulling up to the drive in.

"I'll get one vanilla milkshake and a burger with fries," I place my order.

"I'll have a veggie burger with tomatoes and lettuce," Jenna adds in.

Everyone places their orders and we eat in silence, "Mason, these milkshakes suck ass." I finally break the awkwardness.

"Jesus, I'm sorry that they don't meet your high standards," he jokes.

"No, no they don't," I try to flip my hair and then realize it's short now.

"Did you just try to flip your hair?" Melissa cackles.

"What... no!" I lie.

"You totally did," Jenna comments.

"Ok shut up!" 

"You shut up!"

Jenna's POV:

Try as I might, I haven't slept much these past few nights.

Instead I stay awake, confused. If I've only ever like boys than how come I crave Y/N's comfort. The feeling that I get when she touches my hand. Have I ever felt that before?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not straight. At least, I'm pretty sure. As to what I am specifically, I have no idea, and it's really confusing. I don't even know if people will treat me the same if they find out

It's a constant fear, the fear of being discovered. The fear of telling someone. The fear of letting someone in only for them to hurt you. Like Sheila did to Y/N. But I need to tell someone.

I'm tired of these confusing emotions being pent up inside of me. I know there's nothing wrong with who I am, but the idea of telling anyone is so terrifying.

So I guess that makes me fearless because right now I'm walking down the hall of my hotel to Melissa's room. I anxiously pace outside of her door. 

I don't want to tell Jasmin yet, I don't know why. I feel like she'd ask more questions. Telling Y/N would be even worse. Melissa is like a sister to me. That's why I'm telling her.

After an eternity of doubt, I press the doorbell.

The door opens, and out comes Melissa, who is not happy to be interrupted from her rest.

"I can come back some other time if now's not convenient," I start to chicken out.

"You've already woken me up, so come in," she says lazily.

"Thank you, and sorry for waking you up." She pours herself a cup of coffee and sits down next to me.

"What did you want to talk about? Have you been crying?" She notices the dried tears on my face and the puffy red skin under my eyes.

"I don't even know how to say it," I break down. I can feel my chest tightening, so I work on my breaking techniques to slow it down. My stomach aches with the impending anxiety.

"Take your time. It's okay."

"Melissa, I'm super confused," I admit.

"About?"

"I don't know how I haven't noticed it until now," my voice starts to break, "I keep replaying old memories in my head trying to make sense of it all. It terrifies me so much because I don't know how or when it started, but I think...." It's so frightening to say, what will her reaction be. Will she be mad at me.

"Go on, you can tell me," she encourages me.

"Melissa... I I think I like girls," I word vomit.

"Oh, Jenna," she hugs me, "thank you so much for trusting me with this." I cry and cry onto her shoulder.

"I'm so scared Melissa," I confide in her, "how will everyone react if or when they find out."

"Jenna, if the people you tell this don't support you, then they're bad friends and bad people. Y/N, Mason, and Jasmin, they all care so much about you. They would never treat you any differently." She wipes the tears out of my eyes, "and if they do I will beat the shit out of them." I laugh a little.

"Thanks for letting me talk to you."

"You're so welcome."