Part 18

Y/N's POV:

"What are you even doing here, Sam," Jenna as Tara shouts, "you work two shitty jobs..." she does into this whole monologue about moving on and needing Sam to let her go.

The person on A-Cam shoots the two of them in side profile, I film over Melissa's shoulder to face Jenna, and the person on C-Cam films from behind Jenna. This is the fourteenth time we've filmed this scene. The poor editors.

"CUT!" The director yells at the end of the take, we all shut down our cameras, "great job, we have a 15 minute break to grab dinner and then we're filming the Almost-Kiss scene."

Jenna groans, "I do not want to kiss Mason," she complains, "no offense."

"None taken," he says, "I see you as like, a sister."

"Wasn't Tara supposed to be gay?" I asked, "like her and Amber dated in the original script."

"Yeah, but we had to change it cuz I was only 17," Jenna explains.

"Oh, yep, makes sense," I say.

"Well which twin would you rather kiss," Mason laughs.

"Ewww, neither of you!" she playfully slaps him.

"You're not vegan anymore?" Jasmin asks, noticing Jenna putting cheese on her plate.

"I had to stop because I wasn't getting enough nutrition in Romania," she tells us.

"Oh god, were you ok," I don't know why I got so concerned. I just want Jenna to be happy and healthy.

"Yeah, no I'm a pescatarian now," she says.

We continue to talk about normal things, like TV shows and social media.

"Man, Y/N,  your vlogs are unhinged sometimes," Melissa says, "I've been watching them and damn. 'We're making dairy free cake today because my dad didn't come back with the milk,' like what the fuck?"

"Oh yeah, that's like the first video I ever made when I was like, 14, how did you even find it?"

"A fuck ton of scrolling."

"Wow," I respond.

"Ok, I gotta see this video now," Jenna adds.

"I'll send it to you tonight," I say.

"You mean this morning," she reminds me, "it's another Fraturday."

"Fine, I'll show you when we watch the sun rise."

"Oooh y'all are going on a date?" Jasmin teases us.

"What, no! We're just hanging out."

*******

Once we're done with our 20th take of the "almost kiss" and our 13th take of Tara and Quinn talking about overbearing family,  the directors send us off for the night, or rather day.

"Get up here!" I holler to Jenna, giving her a hand. She's so beautiful.

"Oh my god that was the most awkward scene to film EVER," she says, lying down next to me.

"More awkward than X?" I ask.

"Well.... I guess not."

"Cuz I imagine that's pretty awkward for an innocent Christian girl like you," I tease her.

"Shut up!" she shoves me, "I was seventeen when I wrote those affirmations."

"Hey, I'm not dissing your love of god, religion is an important part of a lot of people's lives."

"Ok, now show me the video," she pleads. After sitting up, open up youtube and scroll down to 2016 uploads. There it is, April 15. Two weeks after the incident. Jenna takes the phone from my hand and presses play

"Hi guys, welcome to my channel," a younger version of me says, "my name is Y/N, and this is my first upload. Today I'm making a dairy free funfetti cake because my dad never came home with the milk." I made the most cringy peace sign face ever and POSTED IT ONLINE. What had I been thinking.

"Oh my god, are you ok in that video, you look half dead," Jenna exclaims. I can hear the worry dripping from her voice.

"I hadn't slept in forever and was scared to go to school, so no, I wasn't ok," I respond tersely. I don't know why that comment upset me. Maybe I still have some pent up frustration that she never once reached out until it was too late.

Jenna's POV:

I think my comment upset Y/N. It must have been such a rough time back then. Who could do something terrible to such an amazing human.

"Y/N, I had no idea," I say truthfully, "I knew it was bad, but...."

"Jenna, stop apologizing there's no way you could have known," she snaps. I keep watching the video. When I said that some of the curious light had left Y/N's eyes as an adult, I hadn't even taken into account how disillusioned with the world she looked in this video.

"Ok, so we add the dry ingredients together as if we're making the most boring group chat ever..." young Y/N drones on. Instead of fully paying attention to the video, I check the comments.

SamSoSexy📸

Girl who your ugly ass tryna impress. Some other homo loser?

SheilaShouts

Y/N....

Multiple other comments litter the comment section. Most rude or comments about her identity.  There's so much guilt I feel around the situation. 

How many times has she helped me through panic attacks, how many times has she picked me up when I was at my lowest? She would always sit with me through my worst moments, stroking my hair, holding my hand through the hardest times.

How many times have I helped her? I can't remember any. Not knowing what to say, I wrap my arms around her, holding her tightly. 

I turn my attention back to the video.

"Your comedic timing is on point, Y/N. You would have made a great comedian," I compliment her.

"Thanks Jenna."

"Sure." I subconsciously slip my hand into hers. An shock of excitement runs through me at the physical touch. Nothing like I've ever felt with anyone before. But like in a friend way.

I just like holding her hand. She's naturally such a comforting person.

Right?