Chapter Sixteen

We were in the Faerie world. I needed to recover my light magic, and the only way to do so was to spend time here. The portal I opened took us to the edge of my palace. I'd gained enough energy to feel far more conscious once we'd gone through it. "Where are we?" Leah asked. "I think this is the Faerie world," Heather stated. "It is indeed," I told the girls. "Are we safe here?" Reg asked me. "It's the centre of the very multiverse and the largest source of light magic. It's the safest place in our multiverse, " I told her. "What about the disease that killed your people?" She asked me. "Yeah, are immune from it?" Heather asked. "You're safe. It could only affect common and noble Faeries. Humans use a tiny sliver of Royal Faerie magic so you're safe, " I reassured them. "Wait, do our powers come from you?" Leah asked me. "Well, yeah, they do originally," I confirmed. They all looked at me. "Come on, we should go see the Nixies," I told them, changing the subject. I began walking, and they all followed me. "I thought everyone died here?" Heather asked confused. "Only the Faeries were wiped out. Other magic species went into hiding" I told her. "So what other people are here then?" Reg asked me. "The Nixies were my attendants. They're a cousin species of the Pixies" I started to explain as we walked passed the empty houses. "So what are Pixies like?" Heather asked wanting to know and distract ourselves from how haunted the empty Faerie capital felt. "They're miniature forest dwellers. They love nature and didn't like to have anything to do with the noble or common Faeries. They were good friends of mine though" I told them. "How do you manage to make friends with everyone?" Sarah asked me. I hadn't even realised she's changed from Bonnie. "People from our multiverse crave light magic. So being around me makes anyone feel happy" I explained to her. "Does that mean that the Demons have the opposite effect?" She asked me. "As the hosts of dark magic they are disliked but they can't help that it's just part of who they are" I explained. "Only you could feel bad for your enemy," Heather said jovially and clapped me on the back. We walked passed the last house and entered the magic forest. "What is this place?" Leah asked looking at how the tree branches moved out of our way. "This was how I wanted your world to work. Magic forests and animals. Something went wrong though which I've been slowly fixing" I told her. "Magic forests?" Reg asked. "The trees are so happy to see you," Leah told me with the biggest smile on her face. I stopped and put my hand on a tree. I let the light magic flow through me and into the tree. The girls all jumped when the tree talked. "Thank you for waking me up your majesty" the Treant said happily. "I'm sorry I've been away so long my friend," I told it. "It's okay your majesty. After what happened to your people I understand why you stayed away so long" It told me. "Is everyone else seeing this?" Leah asked shocked. "Treant this is my girlfriend. Would you approve her to be the new guardian of magic nature?" I asked it. "A human with such a responsibility. Hmm... though if you trust her enough to be your mate I would have to approve" it told me. Leah began to float in the air. "Umm babe what's going on!?" She asked me panicking. "The noble Faeries were supposed to be the guardians of nature. Without them, there is no avatar of nature. With your natural affinity for nature, you make the perfect catalyst" I explained to her. Her body lit up with light magic and it began to change to that of a Faerie, her molecular structure changing. Her brunette hair changed to a lighter glowing blonde, her ears elongated and her clothes changed into a green robe. She gracefully landed on her feet. "Am I a Faerie now?" She asked me. "You're a proto-Faerie" the planet adopted you. "This is so much power" she said feeling the power flow through her body. "Ahem, can you wake my friends now miss?" The treant asked Leah directly. She smiled, now able to feel the connection between herself and the magic in the forest. She placed her hands on the ground and the entire forest woke up from its slumber. "Thank you miss" the Treant told her warmly. The other girls and Reg looked on in utter shock. "Do you have this much power Zero?" Leah asked me standing back up. I smiled, her power was only a sliver of my own. Now that I was on my homeworld my power was nearly infinite. "Something like that?" I told her. "Can you open the door to the Nixies for me now my friend?" I asked the Treant. "I'd be honoured your majesty" it told me before opening the hidden door. "Come on we should go let them know they're safe to leave now" I told my girls before walking through the door with Leah. "Is Leah really a Faerie now?" I heard Heather whisper to Reg. "It appears so" she told her. The Nixies flew up to us excitedly. "Your majesty! You're back! We missed you" one of the thumb sized magically beings exclaimed excitedly as they all hugged me. "Another Faerie! Oh she's our new Avatar!" Another Nixie exclaimed and hugged Leah's face. Hundreds of them were surrounding the two of us and embracing us warmly. "They're so cute!" Leah said to me. "They are indeed adorable" I agreed. "The scurge and war is over. You're all free to come out of hiding" I told the Nixies. "Oh, we know. We cleared the bodies for you" one of the older Nixies explained. "Why are you still in hiding then?" I asked. "A dragon visited. We were scared so we hid" a male Nixie explained. "What did it look like?" I asked the Nixies. "Colourful and shiny!" they all started to explain. I pocketed that information for me to think about later. "I'd like you to come out of hiding now" I told them. "We would like to follow our Avatar?" One of the Nixies asked. "Wait what does that mean?" Leah asked. "She's our Queen but you're our leader" a Nixie explained to her. I tapped Leahs shoulder and whispered. "Your pocket" and looked at the small pocket on her left breast of her green robe. She looked into it and saw another hidden village. "In you go then" she told the Nixies and they in a single file they flew into the pocket. When the last one went in she smiled. "That felt weird," she said with a small laugh. We turned to see the other girls looking on in shock once again. "Is the Faerie world always this strange?" Heather asked me. "This is normal for here," I told her and laughed.
We walked back to the palace and upon entering it the girls jaws all dropped in awe. The large hall we were in was mostly marble with gold and jewels everywhere. "It's beautiful," Leah said and flew around the room, taking it in. "I can't say I'm not half jealous," Heather said. I stepped up to my throne touching it with my fingertips before sitting on it. "Is it a terrible weight being in charge of so much?" Reg asked me. I tapped my fingers on the arm of the throne. "I'm not alone in it anymore. I have my coven. Each of us is a queen in our own right" I told them and three more thrones appeared beside my own. One of branches and leaves for my beloved Leah which she sat on gracefully. One of light and dark marble which Sarah sat on. The last throne was of onyx and was beautifully jewelled with crystals, a perfect throne for Heather. I looked at them and they were all so comfortable and happy. "A heavy burden shared amongst friends is a far easier burden to bare" Reg said looking up at us on our thrones. "So do you know the Rainbow dragon the Nixies spoke of?" Leah asked from beside me. "The dragon queen of the light multiverse. She wished to court me a few hundred millennia ago but I turned her down" I told my coven. "That's got to be awkward" Heather stated and Sarah began laughing. "She still has a thing for me. Well, she did a few hundred years ago anyway" I told them. "How does that even work? A dragon and a Faerie?" Heather asked me. "Maybe we can talk about this later. We have some things to deal with on our Earth afterall" Reg reminded us. "Before we go" I began and stood up. "You can't visit the Faerie world without receiving a gift" I told them. I summoned a pedestal from the ground and on it were four silver bracelets. "If each of you will take one of these" I told them and each of them took one of the silver bracelets, placing them on their wrists. "These bracelets connect you to the Faerie planet itself. It's said that those with pure hearts will be gifted with a connection to the very planet" I explained. "Neat" Heather said looking at the bangle. "Thank you Zero" Reg said and then the other girls echoed her with their own thank you's. "Leah when we get back to the human world I'll show you how to change your form from Faerie to human" I told my girlfriend. "I love my new form" she said looking at herself happily. "The humans may be jealous of you becoming a Proto-Faerie. So it's best to blend in on your world" I told her. "I understand" she said. I opened the portal back to the human world. "Let's head home girls" Reg told them stepping through. Heather and Sarah went next. Leah grabbed my arm and looked into my face. "Zero, I love your world. When this is all over, can we live here together?" She asked me.