Chapter Eleven

"Hey sleepyhead how are you feeling?" Leah asked me when she noticed my eyes slowly opening. The first thing I noticed was my arm was still lightly burning. "Groggy" I told her rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "How long was I out for?" I asked my girlfriend. "It's been two weeks since you went into a coma" she told me calmly. "Where is everyone?" I asked her when I noticed we were the only ones in the infirmary. "Well Michalo is standing guard outside. The other girls have been practising there magic in case the army comes back again. A bunch of parents demanded there children be returned home and so a third of the girls went home. None of our Coven left. My parents wanted me to come home but I refused to leave your side" Leah told me. I sat up in bed and Leah passed me a glass of water. "They said you were in some kind of magically induced coma" she told me. "I had... a weird dream" I said trying to find the words for the experience. "Did it have anything to do with what they called you? The Faerie?" Leah asked me genuinely curious. I'd usually tell Leah and my coven everything but the truth was going to be too much of a responsibility for them to bare. "They were out of their minds Leah. They probably just needed a sacrifice for some blood ritual and wanted me to be part of it" I lied. I felt terrible for lying but the truth was mine to bare alone. "Ah yeah you're probably right," Leah said coming over and kissing my forehead. "Goddess did I miss you Zero" she told me. I started to get up and Leah tried to help me. "I've got it" I told her before levitating out of bed and then just above the floor. My cape magically appeared around me and my feet softly touched the floor. "Um that was new," Leah said surprised. I now had full access to all my powers. I had my original memories as well as those of my new life. I was both the Faerie Princess and Zero. "I think whatever Cornelia did jog started my powers" I simply answered her. I could feel near bottomless magical reserves at my disposal and all my potentional zapping through the neurons within my body. "As long as your sure you're alright" she told me. "Come on I wanna go see the others," I said excitedly. Michalo was surprised to see me when I opened the door. "Zero you're awake!" He exclaimed before hugging me. "I'm sorry I scared you my friend" was all I told him before setting off to find the rest of my coven. We found them sparring by the lake. "Ahem" I cleared my throat to get there attention. In the split second before they even noticed me I sent my mind deep into Sarah's body. "Hello Bonnie" I told the night Queen. "Always full of surprises Zero" was Bonnie's response. "I just want to tell you that what happened to me wasn't your fault. I can feel your pain resonating through the body you share so please do not blame yourself" I told her. "I sense a new found power within you. Empress be damned you are the very goddess of all magic" she said stating the very truth. "Bonnie your ways astound me. Be sure to take this to your grave though. I wish to live a normal life amongst my friends" I told her. "I swear it" Bonnie said. My mind left the dual body and came back to my own. Sarah and Heather hurried over to me, as did Reg. They all hugged me and Reg even started to cry happy tears. We went back to the cabin and we all sat around the table. I decided to tell them all what I knew about the Army. "When I was in the coma I had a vision. This time I connected with the old master of the Hedge Army. At that time they were a peaceful group that helped and healed outcasts without covens and castes. Somehow though they became corrupted. Like a curse it ate its way through the organisation, causing the once peaceful Hedge Army to become creatures of pure evil. The master decided to end her life rather than live with her failures" I told them not mentioning the whole "Princess of the Faeries" part. "So they must believe you to be the reincarnation of their master" Heather said what everyone was probably thinking. "You must look like her or have similar powers perhaps" Reg suggested. "I guess so" I agreed now feeling more comfortable with hiding my true identity. "While your all here there is something I've been meaning to tell you all" I told the girls. Reg seemed to know what I had in mind and nudged Leah who then took my hand. "You can tell us anything Zero, we're your coven" Heather told me, her tone like that of a true sister. I looked at Reg who nodded and then at Leah who gave me a quick warm smile and squeezed my hand for me to continue. "I'm transgender" I told Sarah and Heather. "Oh we already know" Heather told me. "Bonnie told us on the first night we met her" She added. "So you don't think any differently of me for it?" I asked. "Of course not, you're our sister Zero" Sarah told me and put an arm around my shoulders, embracing me in a hug. "Like she said" Heather said putting her hand on top of mine. "You're our sister Zero, we love you" she said her smile warm. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I didn't realize how happy being accepted like this would make me feel. "Thank you girls," I told them feeling incredibly happy and loved.
I took it easy for the rest of the day. I spent the majority of it with Leah.
After dark, I sat on the roof with Bonnie. "So do you feel whole now Zero?" She asked me. "I've always felt complete Bonnie. I just recollect a past life and know exactly what I am now" I told her. "So then, can you tell me the truth behind Queen witches Zero?" She asked me. I know she is an enigma even to herself, as is Sarah. "Bonnie the truth is that I didn't plan for such a large mutation as Queens. Someone hijacked my work when I was busy trying to survive an attack from my own people. I can't tell you who or why but it most certainly wasn't another Faerie" I told her. She took my hand in her own. As good friends do when they need comfort. "I'm truly sorry that I don't have an answer for you Bonnie" I told her feeling at a loss. "We're possibly the two most powerful witches. We'll find an answer together" she said sounding hopeful for the future. "You know I'm not actually a witch right?" I asked her. She tapped the side of her nose. "Our secret" she said with a smile. "I can always give the two of you your own bodies" I told her. "We love sharing our body Zero. Though if we could do more than sense one another emotions I'd be happy. Just to have the chance to talk to Sarah would be truly the greatest gift you could give us" Bonnie told me looking up at the moon. I began to float upwards and using Royal Faerie magic I made it so they could talk to each other in a dark subconscious much like my past self had used to communicate with me. I floated back down and sat beside her once more. "If you meditate you can enter where she sleeps. She can also do the same. You'll be able to talk to one another that way" I told her. She gave me a hug. "There's one more thing" I told her. She looked at me curiously. "The type of magic that binds your souls in one body is familiar to me. I've seen it many incarnations ago. Back when the multi-verse split between light and dark forces" I told her my tone serious. "It's a distant memory but it's most certainly that of the dark forces. How they managed to cross between the dark to the light I'm uncertain but it's major clue nonetheless" I explained to her hoping it might help. "Primordial dark magic" Bonnie summarised what I had just told her into three words. "Thank you Zero" she told me before flying off somewhere to think about it. I floated towards the ground myself. "A new power Miss Zero" I heard Ms Lovely say. "Perhaps an old one" I told her. She was walking up the path to the cabin. "I was on my way to see you specifically so this works out perfectly" she said her face as serious as can be.