Chapter 29: Sacrifices

" leaving the rest to you Crowley " Victor spoke patting the other knight on his shoulder

" alright then. Listen up now we'll return back home in one piece but first we have to distract the pagans then we'll run. Do something Flashy with your swords, scream like your life depends on it. Bare your teeth at them. Do everything you can to get their attention. Don't forget this is only a decoy mission! Don't get your asses killed survive with everything you can muster up " Crowley spoke raising his sword to the sky

" let's show them the strength of the Knights Templar! Charge!"

"Yeah!!" They all yelled making as much noise they could with their weapons.

Banging them against their armour shields or evening screaming with all they had. The all broke out into a run towards their enemy.

Charging them head on like some kind of bull would end up with all of the knights being slaughtered so quickly.

So they would stop before the pagans and run away making them give chase. Then kill them or the ones that had caught up.

"Slaughter them!! " Crowley growled on some kind of roar.

Crowley had smiled cutting off the head of one his enemies before lobbing an arm off another.

Crowley drived his sword into a man that was about to attack Victor. It was in there really good he was having trouble getting it out.

"Ugh.." Crowley grunted. Using the opportunity 5 men attempted to kill Crowey but his comrades came in to stop them. It was Gustavo and Rosso.

" Crowley! "

"sir Crowley!"

Gustavo beheaded 2 people he was quite strong. But on the other hand Rosso wasn't able to. He had lost to a power struggle he caught the man's sword with his own but he was just to weak as he wasn't able to keep
Up with the momentum.

This allowed the blade to his neck. It made an disgusting sound as blood sprayed out from the new wound like a pressure sprayer.

"Rosso!!" Crowley grabbed the sword that Rosso used plunging the tip into his attackers chest stabbing into the heart.

"Sir.. sir Crowley.. are you alright..?" The boy wheezed out.
" yeah yeah I'm fine thanks to you Rosso, you saved me.. " Crowley spoke.

The boy was just barely 16 he forced out a happy laugh " th- thanks go.." was the last thing the boy said before he breathed his last.

Crowley frowned looking at the lifeless husk of the boy. But he couldn't stop now

" retreat! Everyone retreat!" Crowley ordered giving into a run.

The rest of the knights gave into a run as well. Running with all they could, slaying enemies here and there that got a little to close to them. They all ran with all they had.

Behind Crowley his ears picked up the all to familiar sound of death and terror short lived screams and choking sounds.

His comrades, his friends were all dying behind him as he ran.

He couldn't look back he had no time for that he had to run, if he didn't the would of died as well, then how would he see you again if he had bit the dust.

" YOU!! DAMNN!!" The voice of Gustavo could be heard from behind Crowley.

When he heard it he turned his head over looking, when he did he saw a enemy soldier running right behind him. The enemy soldiers sword was raised above his head ready to strike Crowley down. But the man didn't expect crowley to look behind him and paused looking at Crowley with an surprised expression.

Crowley took that opportunity to kill the man driving his sword into his chest killing him. It was the man's fault that he got killed he shouldn't of paused then.

Crowley was saved by looking behind him, No because of Gustavo's scream.

But Gustavo was in trouble he was in the middle of the enemies his left hand over his stomach his insides spilling out like a water fall.

"Go! I'll hold them off here!!" Gustavo yelled out. It wasn't possible Gustavo was wounded and tired and keeping to many over where he was he would die.

Die here on the battlefield. But Gustavo wasn't scared of dying instead he looked over to Crowley.

"Hey! Crowley!" Crowleys blue eyes widened.

"Make sure you all get out of this alive!" Gustavo yelled out to him.

The enemy surrounded Gustavo attempting to attack again. "GUSTAVO SIR!!"

Crowley yelled out watching his superior take the heat of
The attacks. Gustavo swag his blade around desperately killing multiple men but there was just to much of them their swords ran into his torso, neck, legs.

But he still managed to kill a bunch. But he weakened and his head was lobbed off. Crowley could only watch tears running down his cheeks as he sobbed in frustration Rosso now Gustavo.

"Damn . Damn damn damn it.." he spoke to himself.

Rage filled him but he didn't know who to vent all this rage to. The pagans? The brass that forced this meaningless war. Or god for not providing the protection that Crowley thought he would give his followers.

Victor grabbed Crowley " don't zone out we got to run!" He yelled Crowley remand quiet.

"Come on , quick "

with a scream Crowley broke out into a run. He ran with everything he had killing enemies that got in his way. Leading his comrades to safety.

 Leading his comrades to safety