Chapter 28: A Breath Of Air

(Y/n) looked at Crowley confused

(Y/n) looked at Crowley confused. Crowley in return stopped talking about his past. " what's wrong with you?" Crowley asked.

"I'm confused "

" about?"

" everything " (y/n) slumped down in her chair

" what do you mean I got the plague, wouldn't I be dead?" Crowley looked at the woman that sat with her dumb founded.

" then explain what's going on here"

" huh?"

" your alive arnt you? "

" yea but-"

Crowley laughed.
" just listen to the story (y/n) it will make a bit more sense then"

" fine"
~

As Crowley watched the rest of the soldiers leave he turned back around. His enemies were gaining fast by the minute. From the sounds of it there were about 100 of them coming and their was only 10 people to fight and keep the rear safe.

And they were all extremely exhausted, it was very likely that they will all die but still, they had to play their part in this and keep the enemy away from Gilbert and the knights following.

" we're going to charge them" Crowley spoke.

Next to Crowley an knight spoke " then we're really going to die here huh? Ahh how lousy. I should of left with Gilbert after all "

even though Gustavo said those words he was the first one to unsheathe his sword. He was always that kind of man, he always joked and teased but was the first one to actually do the thing he's joking about. He also never would abandon his comrades.

Beside him a boy trembled in fear, his name was Rosso, he also stayed behind.

The rest of the knights were friends of Crowley, men that he's trained with, shared meals with, slept with.

Victor yelled out " hey, guys! Tell the rest of us what will you do when we finally return!" The men yelled one after another

" meat! Lots of it to!"

" the women of course!"

" booze for me! No water!"

Crowley chuckles to himself. what a bunch of idiots Crowley thought.

" oh guys, your completely soaked in lust. The lords not going to allow you guys to live this battle " Victor yelled out this made all.

The men burst out laughing, it also somehow made them feel
Like they wanted to live this out and get back home.

Crowley especially wanted to get back, wanting to give your rosary back.

Crowleys hand subconsciously reached to his chest, gripping your rosary in his hand.

His chest ached and started to beat against his rib cage.
~

(Y/n)'a eyes opened wide as a cough ripped from her throat covering her mouth with her hands. a nasty sound left her mouth.

She made a look of disgust, the taste of throw up filled her mouth a burning sensation followed.

(Y/n) got out of bed walking over to a bucket that was filled with water taking a sip from it. As the liquid went down her throat it gave a soothing sensation. Also clearing the bad taste.

(Y/n) looked over to the window looking out side to see children playing she smiled and sat down at the table noticing that there was a basket on the table.

She lifted it up to see a small pot that was filled with soup.

Pulling the pot out from the basket she didn't know what kind of soup it was but it smelled good and looked good.

She silently thanked who ever brought this to her before warming it up.

Taking small sips of the soup she watched as the children played kicking a ball around the street.

It seemed like the children were having fun doing what they were doing. Men and women walked past the shop with baskets of their own.
Some had children with them.

She finished her soup putting it into the sink and went back to bed laying there as another cough left her mouth. She felt groggy and gross from this illness.

but she hoped that she'll feel better soon, she wanted to feel better before Crowley came back to greet him properly not wanting to be a sickly woman not being able to see her friend when he first comes home.

She clenched the blanket tightly closing her eyes tightly tears threatening to leak out from her (e/c) orbs. What would happen if Crowley never came back?

She shook her head pulling the blanket up high over her face as she kept talking herself to stop thinking and go to sleep. But it was hard for her to stop and just sleep when he was on her mind especially if it's about him being alive or not.

Another cough and a frown. This sickness is going to be the death of me someday.

(Y/n) rolled over into her side closing her eyes tightly and shoving her nose into the blanket.

" you better come back " (y/n) whispered to her self glaring at the wall before closing her eyes again and drifting off to sleep.