Chapter 24: The Promise

A/N: Before we get started in this chapter, I'll will be writing that Crowley x oc story! :D anyway enjoy this chapter , and happy new year to everyone!

The rain came down in curtains. It was so heavy that when you looked out the window you wouldn't be able to see the house on the other side of the street.

But rain wouldn't stop a knight like Crowley never did never will. Crowley had heavy rain gear on and swang his blade down with such force that it seemed to cut through rain droplets.

(Y/n) stood leaning up against a tree, the tree keeping her dry for the moment. (Y/n) would watched as the young knight trained, sometimes Crowley would notice her watching, it boosted his ego to no end.

But other times Crowley had no idea that she watched him like she was a ghost standing there never to be seen by the living.

Water droplets landed on Crowleys stern nose sliding off to the tip. Crowley breathed in slowly through his nose and then out through his mouth. " thank you , my lord" he prayed.

Crowley turned his head over to where (y/n) stood " oh my lady" he bowed " it's nice to see you again"

" as well as you Crowley sir, how have you been ? Have you finished your duties ?" She asked " that I have" there was silence between the both of them. It was awkward between them neither of them knowing what to say or do. " it's raining " Crowley said lowly.

(Y/n) stared at Crowley her eyes wide. A smile formed on her face as she laughed " t-that it is" she spoke through her giggles.

" tell me Crowley sir what do you think of the rain?" " it's annoying I suppose, it gets in the way of a lot of things so you can't do what you were meaning to do, like a rock stuck in the dirt where your gardening" Crowley spoke looking out to the rain as is came down around them.

" that's true, but it helps as well if you get it at the right time it can make something beautiful after word, a rainbow. It also waters the plants and washes away all creating a new cleansed environment" Crowley looked down at the woman as she spoke.

Her eyes seemed to glow he felt a pull in his chest. " it's also fun to dance in and run around in" she smiled softly.

" then, my lady" Crowley spoke his had out for you to take " care for a dance?" Your hand slipped into his own " I would love to" Crowley brought her in close to his body.

He stepped forward making both of them move as one. He twirled her around and back to his body step after step moving to an unknown beet.

Her eyes glistened as a smile grew on her face. Crowley twirled them both around their feet in sink. Crowley wet hair clung to his forehead and cheek but he ignored it looking at his dance partner her hair was now wet from the rain, dripping in rain water.

Everything around them blurred as if they weren't there just the two of them. (Y/n)'s laughter filled Crowley's ears. It was such a wonderful thing to him.

His chest pulled again. Crowley pulled her back into his chest their breaths mixed. The took a moment staring at each other before separating.

" that was nice, didn't know you could dance sir knight" (y/n) spoke both of them started to walk.

" I didn't think that a baker could dance either " he smiled. They both took their separate ways.

Months past (y/n) and Crowley would talk every day, danced here and there. (Y/n) invited Crowley to dinner one day just to talk and eat. It was pleasant time together but sadly Crowley had to break sad new to the woman.

" (y/n) " Crowley spoke (y/n)'s head turned towards him " what is it Crowley?" She asked " I'm going to be in the holy war coming up " (y/n)'s eyes widened a sad look on her. " you know you could die right...?" Her voice was soft. Crowley nodded

" I'm aware, but the pagans have to be killed for god" (y/n) grid her teeth " arnt we all children of god..? If you kill them your just killing people that follow a different form of god." " that's -"

" don't Crowley their people arnt they like you and me the only sin they have made is being born into a world like this... it's already to easy to die" Crowley stared at the woman that he's known for only known for not even 12 months but he felt like what she was saying was something that could make sense. She would be put to death for saying this so why is she.

Crowley took a step forward walking over to the woman she did not even move an inch not even a flinch as his sword went soaring through the air curing the hair that framed her face. " you would be put to death for saying this, you know?" " that I do " " then why do it?" " an opinion is an opinion if I be put to death then so be it"

her eyes were like flames as she stared daggers into Crowley. Crowley relaxed stabbing the sword into the ground before his feet " you really are a amazing woman" Crowley clenched the rosary around his neck walking around the blade pulling (y/n) in by her own rosary.

" another thing that I wanna ask.... Why do I feel a pull in my chest every time I see you?" (Y/n) pulled Crowley in for a hug

" I wouldn't know " she said softly. " but I want you to make a promise to me " Crowley nodded into her shoulder. (Y/n) pulled the rosary over her head and placed it in his palm

" come back to me no matter what, when you do return what ever is left of my rosary" Crowleys chest pulled an desire to kiss her filled his being.

He leaned in slowly his eyes closed as those lips touched softly. " I will, I promise " Crowley whispered on to her lips.

 " I will, I promise " Crowley whispered on to her lips