Chapter 8: A Faded Memory

It was a nice day to go for a walk

It was a nice day to go for a walk. The sky was bright blue with the light glow of yellow from the sun. It was hot but it wasn't to bad. The light crunch of the gravel under my foot from me walking on the road annoyed me slightly.

The basket on my arms was hurting my arms as well, I smiled as I kept walking. It was my favourite time of the day, going to see a certain retired knight.

I watched at multiple people waved swords around, training, I looked past all the kids to the red headed knight on his old ragged chair. It looked like he was sleeping, his eyes were closed and his head was laying on the chair backing.

I sighed as I started to walk over dodging training swords left and right. " sorry" I whispered as I passed a small boy.

I stared at the red head with annoyance as I could hear his soft snores, he was most definitely asleep. " Crowley " I spoke with no response, I groaned as I stepped closer to him and gently poked his cheek, his hand came up squatting away my hand.

I verbally groaned as I pulled on his ear and yelled " wake-up you bastard!" My loud voice woke up the sleeping knight in a hurry.

His eyes shot open as he looks around frantically. " oh your here, little raven" he spoke his ocean like eyes staring softly at my (e/c) eyes.

" it's just (Y/n) , Crowley " I said as I frowned at him. " haha, I know I know , but I like calling you raven" Crowley spoke as he smiled up at me.

I laughed slightly covering my mouth with my free hand. Crowley spoke " so what brings you here (y/n) ? I don't remember inviting you here today, though your always welcome " I nodded and put the basket on Crowleys lap.

" ooo, what's this?" Crowley asked as he moved the cloth that was hiding the contents of the basket.

Crowley eyes widened slightly at the small cake that was inside the basket, there was also a loaf of bread. " is this for me" he asked. I shook my head " no it's for the stray cats" I joked. " aw man, I really wanted to taste your baking " Crowley groans.

" of course it's for you Crowley! Why do you think I walked over here!?" I half yelled " uh to see me" he said as he smirked bating his eyelashes.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. " yea right " i turned around looking at all the boys as they trained.

" it's kind of rude of you to fall asleep well they are training " I said looking over my shoulder at Crowley. He was slightly busy looking over the baked goods. " Crowley" " huh?" Did you hear me?" I asked " oh yea I did" Crowley said as he put the basket down an got up from the chair, it creaked as he stud up.

He walked in front of me and clapped his hands twice. All 10 of the boys put their swords away in a hurry, lining up in front of the tall man.

" that's it for to day. You all got better since our last practice " Crowley spoke most of the boys had happy faces, smiling away. It made me happy that they were all proud of their progress.