Chapter 17: Who Is The Puppet Master?

" ah, I've had way to much to drink " chess said as I looked over the human reports

" ugh idiot your not supposed to kill any of the hostages, chess" horn spoke looking over at chess.
" aw crap, hey human your not allowed to die, you hear me?" Chess said desperately.

Horn sighs " I'm sorry lord Crowley I got carried away" chess apologized " huh? Don't worry about it we got plenty more where he came from" I respond flipping to another page " hear that horn? You should have some to well he's still warm" chess offers." when are you got to show alittle bit of self control, your a noble not some Savage "

" geez keep acting all up tight like that and you'll miss out on the fun" chess said throwing the human to the side. " wouldn't you agree with me lord Crowley?" Chess asked. " it wouldn't hurt if you took life more seriously " I said " what!? Come on" chess whined.

" we need to discuss to days attacks. It seems that the humans finally found their back bones. This Nagoya invasion was an act of war and we must strike back" horn spoke up. " hmm, your right about that" I said as I turned over to them slowly.

I set the papers down on my desk and walk over to the soldier. I bend down grabbing a hold of his sword. I look over the blade carefully. " hey chess, come here for a second will you? " I speak " huh, yea ok " chess reply's walking over to me.

I quickly swing the sword at her as she quickly pulls out her sword and blocks it. But she gets flung into the wall.

" um what did you do that for?" Chess asks " well I just wanted to see which weapon was stronger, one of a vampires or one of a humans " " but lord Crowley which ever one you hold is bound to be the strongest isn't it?" " I chuckled softly " true but that's not what I'm interested in" " could you elaborate my lord?" Horn asks.

I hum " I'm afraid that the humans are gaining to much power to quickly. That's how they manage to take down so many high ranking nobles " I said. I slid my Intex finger along the sharp part of the blade.

" just look at this weapon, it's cursed so it can kill any one of us" I said as I looked at my finger, blood pouring out from the new wound. " how ever this isn't something that they would figure out on their own. Someone must be leaking information to the humans "

" my lord are you suggesting that there is a traitor Among us? Working with the humans?" " yes and a high ranking one at that" I spoke turning around to face them " see thanks to this curse this wound isn't healing at all, you both need to be careful out there ok?" I said as I raised my hand up showing them my bloody finger.

" I'll get you a bandage right away" " you can drink from it if you would like" I Suggested. Horn and chess gasped " but I'm not worthy my lord" " then in that case can I have a drink?" " you just drained that human now your just being greedy " horn spoke as chess sulked " I'll accept your gracious offer " chess gasped " no fair why does she get to have a taste " chess whined as horn drank from my wound.