Chapter 14: Lost Memories

I stared at the floor beneath my feet

I stared at the floor beneath my feet. " what are you two doing?" I said as I walked into the kitchen yoichi, Yuu and Kimizuki behind me. There was a pan that was on fire, Mitsuba and shinoa were screaming their heads off. I sighed. " what are you doing! How can you be so bad at cooking that you set a omelet on fire?!" " I read somewhere that adding alcohol to the pan can make it taste better!" Mitsuba yelled, defending herself.

" well then" I said as I looked over my shoulder to Kimizuki. " wanna cook together?" I ask " wait ! You can cook!?" Yuu asked i grinned " I can also bake" I said matter a factly.

" then you add the mixture to the pan" I said as I poured the egg mixture into the hot pan. I mixed the eggs and once I could I flipped it on it's side, waited for a bit and put a plate to it flipping the pan.
" there, it's done." I said as I smiled. " do you wanna try now?" I tilted my head to the side as Mitsuba yelled out happily.

" man (y/n), Kimizuki this is really good, where did you learn this?" Yuu asked. " anyone with half a braid can make an omelet " Kimizuki said as he shook his head. I laughed.

" well I did teach Mitsuba how to make an omelet to day. It just takes practice. Or someone who knows what there doing to show you how to make one" " I would of made you all a great breakfast if mitsuba wasn't there to mess things up!" Shinoa said

" I'm telling you flambé is a legitimate technique!" I chuckled and shook my head " flambé is not really for taste, it's for show. Usually you use it with meat like steak, chicken and other kinds of meat " " ok I get that you know how to cook but you don't have to rub it in my face" Mitsuba sulked in her chair.

" don't worry I'm sure you we just having a rough day" yoichi said. " keep a fire extinguisher on hand " kimizuki said. We all laughed.

" so what are we doing here guys?" " I would also like to know, why your all so distant lately " I said. " I get the feeling that me and (y/n) are getting left out" they all looked over to shinoa.

" there are two thing we need to discuss, first your both are the subject to some kind of human experiment that you both lost control in the heat of Battle and Yuu tryed to kill me" shinoa said

" also I want to know all of your past (y/n). What's the deal with Crowley? What is the fallen? What is the curse of the red spider lily?" shinoa said.

" I'm sorry your not going to get any answers out of me" " then at leas-" " I can't give you that information because I don't know anything. I know that Crowley was someone dear to me in the past, perhaps even a lover. But everything is hazy " " (y/n)" Yuu spoke

" it hurts me that I don't know anything, that's why I want to get closer to Crowley, maybe he can tell me something. Maybe if I get to know him as he is now I can get those lost memories " I said

" (y/n)" " yes?"

" do you love Crowley?"

Shinoa asked I smiled awkwardly " perhaps " I spoke. Shinoa smiled at me. " second, the Lieutenant Colonel are we sure that guren is trustworthy? " what do you mean is he trustworthy? He's the one looking out for us" Yuu spoke " it's possible that he's been using us the whole time pacifically you and (y/n). How did he manage to put such a powerful team together in such a short time"

" it could be just him trying to intimidate his superiors but we have to remember there might be something bigger at stake" Yuu looked over to Kimizuki but he shook his head

" everything about guren is news to me ""what ever the case we have to decide if we're going to stick with guren if we do, we might become enemy's to the army even if we are just following orders " shinoa stated

" that's why we brought you all here" Mitsuba said. I swallowed thickly " I see what your saying " they looked at me. " even if I do become an traitor . Guren saved me so I'm going to stay by him" I spoke

" I wanna ask, how did you find these four, Yoichi Saotome, Yūichirō Hyakuya, Kimizuki Shihō and (Y/n) (L/n)? Where did you find these four? How did you manage to find not one but four black demon prospects?" Kureto asked.

" I got lucky, it was only a coincidence we got those recruits-" " I don't believe that for a second. " Kureto narrowed his brown eyes " black demon prospects have been subject-defied to human experiments even the the success rate is very low. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that we have more black demon users in our ranks " Kureto spoke

" seems like a waist. If that's all you brought me here for I'll be on my way" said guren walking past the tall male. " one more question, what is the purpose of setting up these black demon users? Are you trying to set an rebellion?" " if my plan was to get rid of you I'll cut you down right where you stand"

" you wouldn't even land a hit" Kureto teased " wanna bet? " guren said as he tightened his hold on the handle of his sword. " this brings back memories, i didn't mean to get you so fired up all in all your doing a good job " guren groaned softly looking to the side

" but I know your weaknesses, guren. Love, friendship, honour. You never learned to set aside your emotions in order to lead something that makes you stronger and holds you back. " Kureto spoke.

" also there are currently 25 nobles in Japan and I know where each of them are at this very moment"

" if your wrong then the army's finished " guren noted " then my only opinion is to win" " how do you know that your information isn't some kind of trap?" Guren asked " I've considered that but we don't have time to investigate" " what's got you in such a hurry?" " in one month the vampires are launching a full attack on our army. " " so then what's the plan?"

" I want you to take your team and 100 for moon demon company soldiers to. Nagoya there you'll find a base that houses 10 vampire nobles, kill all of them" Kureto said. Kureto walked over to guren and pulled out an envelope handing it over to him. " your directive" was all Kureto said before walking away.