The Truth and Reconcilliation

Start from the beginning

The two Spartans swiftly turn to the side, with Ash taking out his DMR, and shooting an Elite that was charging at them, dead."

"Keep your eyes forward, Six." Chief says as he moves forward.

XI appears on Ash's shoulder and the two watch the Chief walk ahead. Ash looks at Xi. "I think he likes me."

Xi raises an eyebrow. "What eve floats your boat."

Ash pulls out a pistol and aims to the side and fires, killing a Jackal. Rose walks next to Ash and Ruby slides down a slope and stops next to the Spartan as well.

"All Covenant in the area are down." Ruby informs.

Rose pumps his shotgun, ejecting an empty shell. "Heh, they didn't know what hit them."

"Let's move." Ash orders and he walks after the Chief, with the two ODSTs following him.

"Stop." XI calls out to the two Spartans and they stop.

"Motions tracker shows movement around the next bend." Cortana finishes.

"We're ready to advance as soon as you call for us, Cortana." Paker says.

The two Spartans deal with a couple Grunts and a Jackal on a hill head, then the two move forward and an Elite jumps down and fires at them.

Chief fires a sniper round, which destroys its shields, then Ash fires a few rounds into its head; killing it.

The two Spartans move up the middle.

"Cortana to Fire Team Charlie. The Chief has secured the middle. Get ready to move up the left, you should be able to flank the enemy."

"Rose Team, move with the Marines." Xi orders.

"On it." Ruby says and she along with her brother, follow after the Marines.

The two Spartans move forward, supported by the Marines and two ODSTs from the side. As they continue to take out Covenant infantry, a Spirit dropship lands nearby and drops a lance of Covenant.

"Six, incoming!" Xi shouts.

Ash ducks under an Elite's energy sword and a sniper round goes through its head. Ash looks to the side and sees Chief was the one that shot the Elite.

Ash pulls out his magnum and shots a couple grunts near Chief, he notices and nods to Ash.

"Nice work, Six." Xi compliments.

After clearing the area, the group walks through a path and reach the cruiser's landing zone, which is defended by a number of troops.

"We're directly under the ship now." Cortana says.

"Good work, Marines." Parker says.

"Alright!" Ruby shouts a little annoyed. "Are we bad or what?"

Rose stares up at the cruiser. "Mother of God... I'd never thought I'd get close to one of these things. How the hell are we supposed to get inside that monster?"

"Swear." Ruby whispers.

"The Covenant use a Gravity Lift to ferry troops and supplies between the ship and the surface." Cortana explains. "We need to ambush them at the Grav Lift's loading zone, and use the lift to enter the ship."

"Oh, is that all!" Rose nearly yells. "That's us, the few, the proud, the expendable."

Everyone moves forward and engages the Covenant forces. A Shade turret turns towards the approaching humans, but the operator is shot in the head by Ruby.