Chapter 12: SnowStruck.

Start from the beginning

all of a sudden, her face began to distort, her body trembled.

"Jak- Wh-t -s happe- Hel- me-!"

but then, the ground cracked, the walls broke, and everything began to brighten. Jake watched as Hailey fell through the cracks, unable to save her as he started to ascend above.

One more round Jake, Let's give them a REAL show~!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jake wakes up in his room, shooting up and looking around in shock.

"What's going on?"

He pondered, looking around... this was...

Vmmm

Vmmm

Jake looked at his phone, and his eyes widen, his eyes fill with tears.

'Did you sleep okay?'

Jake's heart broke into a million pieces. He looked at the date... it was the day he told Hailey everything that happened...

He entered the dms and shook... what was he going to say?

'...'

Hailey sat in her bedroom, having gotten ready minutes prior to sending Jake that text message. His response caused her to cock an eyebrow upwards.

'Did you stay up late?'

She sent back.

Jake hopelessly stood up, then stumbled back onto the wall near his bed. He looked down at his phone screen. He then wrote his response...

'...No, I...'

He finished, it was unfinished... Hailey on the other end seemed to grow more confused.

'I just... had a dream... haha...'

Hailey read his message...

"A dream...? What is he talking about..."

Hailey spoke to herself, sighing.

'So are we still doing this, or are you backing out.'

a reply came back in seconds.

'...What would that change... No one's going to listen, even if I told you the honest truth, Hailey.'

Hailey furrowed her eyebrows.

'You better show up. For what it's worth, there's a small voice in my head, begging me to listen to you. So don't waste your last chance, Jake. If you back out, I'm not going to give you another chance.'

She looked down, she knew what she said was a bold lie. She's always going to be willing to give up her mind and accept anything. It's so hard accepting the fact he even said half the stuff in that recording... He already bombarded her phone with an explanation before... but she wants to hear it herself. And... Because she needed to know how far he would go.

...

Flashback

"I mean... It's not a big deal if I quit the club after, right? The whole point of this was the competition... So let's just forget everything and focus on that!"