Chapter 47

~ Allison ~

** 3 Years Later **

It's been three amazing and exciting years of doing life with Austin. Since we've been married, a lot has happened. Austin made his NHL debut with the Leafs a couple of years ago and scored his first NHL goals the same day as his debut! We attended Alex and Leah's wedding last summer as the best man and maid of honour, it was such a beautiful day to celebrate our two best friends. Oh and I forgot about one of the world's most beautiful blessings for us! We are now and party of three! We welcomed our sweet baby boy into the world just a couple of months ago and since then, we have been enjoying every single moment of cuddles with our sweet baby boy Jace.

When we announced that we were pregnant, our families were so excited and couldn't wait for Jace to get here. My brother spoiled him with mini hockey jerseys and a couple of mini sticks. When we told Leah and Alex that we were adding another member to our family, we showed them the picture of us where our foreheads were touching and we were smiling while Austin held a puck out towards the camera that read 'Baby Boy White Coming March 4th, 2027'.

"Ready to go big guy?" Austin says picking Jace up from his change table. "Wait... He's missing something!" I exclaim walking over to the change table and tell Austin to hold Jace while I put a jersey on him "There, now we're ready to go." I smile as Austin picks Jace up again and grabs the diaper bag on his way out of Jace's nursery.

When Austin walks by a mirror in the front hall, he stops for a second when he notices something. "What's wrong?" I ask. Austin turns and smiles at me. "Where'd you get him this jersey from?" He asks noticing that Jace's mini Leafs jersey has his number on the back and Daddy across the name bar. "My brother got it for him." I reply.

"It's so cute." He smiles as we walk out the door to go get in the truck for the game. "What can I say, he's his daddy's number one fan." I smile. "My little man's first NHL game. How exciting." Austin says as we begin to back out of the driveway. "And it's my team to top it all off which makes it even better." He says.

** After the Game **

The Leafs won, defeating the Oilers 5-2, Nylander, Marner and Matthews scoring a goal each and Austin scoring the other two of the five goals. I watch from the stands as the boys celebrate their win as Jace sleeps soundly in my arms.

I don't know how I ended up living this life as an NHL hockey player's wife but here I am at the rink, watching my husband and his team do what they love to do, while I hold my son in my arms. Reminiscing on how it all started when I went to a Marlies game with my best friend and ended up falling for the hockey player who threw the puck to me over the glass.

I know now that since that day, our lifetime milestones are still being marked by hockey pucks, from the very first day we met, all the way up to Jace's birth and it's my favourite milestone tradition we've established.

No matter what happens in life, where we go, where we are or who we're with, we will always say to each other "Meet me at the rink."

~ The End ~