Chapter 45

~ Allison ~

It's almost the end of the third period and after two full periods of good hockey, the score was a close 5-4 for the Leafs until the Sharks tied it up. I watch closely as Nylander carries the puck up the ice before passing it up to Bunting. It's become a two-on-one as Bunting races up the ice with the puck on his stick. Just as he runs out of energy to go any further, Matthews rushes into the zone and to the rescue. "Come on shoot!" I shout as other people around me shout along. I look up at the clock and the time is running out with 30 seconds left.

"Yeah!" The arena erupts in a loud cheer as Auston Matthews scores the game-winning goal. The goal horn blasts over the arena and the goal song starts up. After the celebration of taking back a two-goal lead, the teams meet at the face-off dot for the last face-off of the game. The crowd begins to clap and cheer as the time runs out on the clock and the final horn goes off as the Leafs meet Murray at the net to celebrate their 6-4 win.

** After the Game **

"Come on, follow me." Austin says taking my hand in his and leading me through the sea of people. "This way." He says leading me to an open elevator. "Where are we going?" I ask once we're in the elevator and the doors close. "You'll see." He smiles as the elevator comes to a stop and the doors open. "Turn right." He says once we step out. I do as he says and once I've turned, I see the big blue Maple Leafs logo on the wall. "No!!!" I exclaim. "Shut the front door! Are we going on a dressing room tour?" I ask looking back at Austin shocked. "We might be." He replies.

"Hey man!" A male voice says from behind me. "What's up buddy?" Austin replies as I turn and am met with a muscular chest. I look up to see THE Auston Matthews standing right in front of me with a smile. I stand frozen in my tracks, too shocked to speak. "Ready for that tour?" Matthews asks as I stand there still silent and starstruck by Auston Matthews. "I think she might be." My Austin says taking my hand.

We follow Matthews into the locker room where some of the guys are still hanging out. "Hey, it's Whitey!" I hear a voice say before Mitch Marner appears next to Matthews. "Hey man, good to see you!" Austin says before Marner turns to me. "And you must be Ally." He smiles. "Nice to meet you." He adds, holding his hand out as I shake it. "Nice to meet you too Mitch! I'm a big fan of yours and Auston Matthews too." I reply. "Hey, what about me?" William Nylander says stopping next to Mitch. "Of course, you too Willy!" I laugh.

We talked for about an hour, everything from hockey to how Austin and I met. We even showed them the picture we took and they photobombed it, which they found funny. Matthews autographed my jersey while Marner and Nylander autographed my baseball hat. We took some more photos with the three of them and some other photos of just us before we thanked them for their time and everything else.

"Thank you for an unforgettable date night my love. It was the most fun I've had in a while." I say to Austin as we get into the truck. "Anything for you beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time." He replies.

** At Home **

Once we get home, I take my shoes off and head upstairs to our room to get changed into my pjs. After I've finished getting changed, I pick up my now autographed Matthews jersey and take it down to the basement to add to the hockey cave where all of Austin and I'd hockey trophies, awards, jerseys and pictures are. I grab a hanger and place the jersey on it until I can buy a frame to place it in. Once that is done, I make my way back upstairs and get into bed, posting the pictures from date night to my social media before scrolling through my phone and turning out the light to go to sleep.