Chapter 44

~ Austin ~

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Ally says excitedly wrapping her arms around my neck. "You're welcome beautiful." I reply as she looks down admiring the pair of tickets in her hand. "And that's not the only surprise I have. There's one more thing that goes with the tickets." I add as she looks up at me. "Oh my god, for real?" She asks as I laugh at her reaction. "No, for real stop playing with me. What is it?" She asks looking at me with a serious look on her face. I reach into the front pocket of my hoodie and pull out two passes. "Shut the fuck up!" She says when she sees the personel passes in my hand. "Since I'm part of the Marlies and Leafs organization, I've got access and connections." I say as she sits there in front of me quietly shocked by the surprises.

A couple of seconds go by before Ally speaks again. "Our first date as your fiancee and it's to go see my favourite team!?! AaahI'm so excited I can't wait! I love you so much!" She exclaims before placing a kiss on my cheek. "I love you too beautiful." I reply. "Tell me this though. Was this surprise planned before or after you proposed?" She asks. "And why does that matter?" I ask. "It doesn't, I was just wondering because it's just funny how we met in a rink, you asked me to be your girlfriend at the rink and you proposed to me out there on the homemade outdoor rink. Plus tomorrow is the first date night as your fiancee." She says. "At the rink!" She adds. "Okay, so maybe there's a theme going on here." I say with a grin.

** The Next Afternoon **

"You almost ready beautiful?" I ask Ally as I pull my Marner home jersey on over my gray hoodie. "Yeah, almost ready." She smiles stepping out of the walk-in closet with a pair of white sneakers in hand. I admire her beauty as she sits on a chair in the corner of the room and slips the sneakers onto her feet. "Like what you see pretty boy?" She smiles coming over and placing her hand softly on my face. "In fact I do." I smirk looking her up and down. "But I think you'd look a whole lot hotter wearing my jersey." I whisper in her ear, sending shivers down her body.

"Come on, let's go handsome." Ally says as her beautiful blue eyes sparkle and she leads me by the hand out of our room, through the hallways and down the stairs to the front door. "Bye Easton, be a good boy while we're gone." I say giving him belly rubs. "Bye East boy!" Ally says in a baby voice as Easton looks up as she scratches behind his ears.

A few minutes later, I pulled into a parking garage and found a parking spot. "My lady." I say opening the passenger's door and holding my hand out as she slips her small hand into my larger one. "Thank you handsome." She replies with a big smile plastered on her face. "Let's grab a bite to eat before the game, shall we." I say taking her hand as we begin to walk through the parking garage to get to street level. "We shall." She replies, swaying our linked hands back and forth.

** At the Leafs Game **

"I can't believe it, this will forever be my favourite date." Ally says as she scrolls through the photos and videos she's taken throughout the night. "I'm glad you're enjoying our date love." I say as she stops on a photo of us down by the glass. "Wait is that-" She begins to ask surprised. "Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner? Yes, yes it is." I reply as her jaw drops in utter surprise. "No fucking way they photobombed our picture!" She exclaims.

The boys hit the ice for the second period as a Go Leafs Go chant flood the Scotiabank arena. Tavares meets the opposing centre at the face-off dot right in the middle of the ice. The Leafs were up 3-1 with lots of hockey left to go in the game. "Come on Johnny, it's go time!" Ally says from next to me before the ref drops the puck.