"I'm tired of hearing you talk, traitor." I aimed my gun towards her and her eyes got wide. I shot her twice in her chest. Lucio let her go and her limp body dropped to the floor.

"Thank god." Her boss muttered.

"What the fuck did you do!?" Mike ran up to me.

"Wow, I'm actually impressed, I thought you loved her."

I scowled at that word.

Love

"It's a lucky thing you did it, she was starting to get a little sloppy, and unnecessarily loud." Valentino walked toward me. "How's mom by the way? She stopped answering my calls."

"Maybe because you shot her the last time you saw her Valentino." I was getting annoyed by his presence.

"Right, I mean no one told her to choose sides. Then again I always knew she'd pick you. Mr. Does-No-Wrong. Mr. Perfect. I wish father was here to see how you've run his empire to shit."

"I'm doing what's right."

"And look where it got you, everyone who's supposed to respect you are now looking at you like you're foolish. You won't renew any contracts, you have no allies and you've stopped the businesses that were making you money. Soon you'll go bankrupt and you have no protection. What will you do when these families that you've cut ties with, exact their revenge? Hmm?"

It was actually comical hearing him speak. He had no idea of what was happening in my business. I also wouldn't make him any wiser. We had protection, and allies. From the changes I've made, tons of other empires had reached out wanting to do business. I had my friend Alessandro to thank for that.

"And what about you brother? We all know papa gave you the failing half of the business, your desperate efforts of keeping the business afloat worked, until me. Jailing me is only a temporary solution Valentino."

"You know nothing."

"I know you had to be desperate to throw Vanessa to those men."

"I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO TO SAVE MY EMPIRE." He yelled. I knew I hit a nerve bringing up the love of his life. "There is no room for love in this game. Only power and money and with you lacking both I don't see how you got this far, but this is your end now brother."

"You're lost." I said to him.

"I'm lost? Since we were boys, we've been watching father build his empire. Blood sweat and tears and an ungodly amount of sacrifices, and for you to undo all his hard work. I know our dear pa is rolling in his grave right now."

"I have nothing more to say to you Valentino."

His greed for money and power will ruin him one day.

"Alright that's enough, weapons down. You're under arrest for human trafficking." Zeanna's boss stepped forward. I tuned him out as he read my rights to me.

Lucio looked at me for a signal to fight back but I shook my head no. We were outnumbered by far and we would lose.

I knew the girls were long gone by now, which I was grateful for.

I should've known Valentino would do something like this. Framing me for his crimes and having the police cover it up.

As the cop's handcuffed me and my men, I looked at Zeanna's lifeless body at the side. Blood was pooling around her now. Even like this, she was still the most beautiful woman I laid my eyes on.

I looked away and walked pass as they escorted us out to the cars.

1 day later

"What will it take for you to call your men off DeLuca?"

"Let my men out, keep me and there'll be no trouble."

"Do you think I'm stupid Adriano?"

"Yes." I answered simply. "Listen Jack, I'm the person you want and you have me. I'm a man of my word-" I hesitated to say this part but I need to convince him to let my men out. "Ask my brother."

"Yea we'll get back to you with that." He nodded to the man who's been angry since I shot his partner.

"Let's go ." Mike said in a low voice.

I complied and walked with him back to the cell.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to Zeanna, DeLuca. That's a promise."

A hearty laugh left my mouth as I watched him.

"Her death is on your hands, Mike. You sent her to die, you sent her to betray me, you never cared about that girl, or else you wouldn't have made her take this case. She did her job well though, seeing as you guys finally got me." I sent a mocking smile.

"You shut your fucking mouth, she was my partner and my...friend."

"Yet, you let my brother corrupt you and now she's dead." I pushed. "The rest of your friends don't care that she's gone and her boss seems relieved that she's not here anymore which leads me to believe, you all knew she was going to die. So, just thank me, I did you all a favor."

Not even a second later Mike drew his fist back and punched me in the left jaw. I tasted blood, and spit to the side. I smiled sinisterly.

"I hope that made you feel better, she's still not coming back." I laughed.

He seethed as he put me in my cell, he took my handcuffs off and slammed the door. I went to take a seat on the bed.

My men had their wives and kids out there, I will not rest until they're released. I'm willing to take all their sentences, if it means they'll be free. A man cannot provide for his family behind bars.

"You are one lucky son of a bitch you know that? Your wish is granted DeLuca, your men are free to go. Let's go."

Jack brought me back out to the front where all my guys came out one by one. Lucio was the last one to appear.

"Cos'è questo?" Lucio asked. (What is this)

"Lucio, let us converse in their native language so they don't think there's any funny business." I said to Lucio. "You're all free to go, I'll be staying."

"Boss, we can't leave you here." Lucio looked confused.

"There will be no retaliation, no attacks, no wars, just watch over my business and take care of my mother."

"Have you gone mad!?" Lucio was pissed.

"This is my choice, and you are to respect them and my orders. Go be with your family, until we meet again."

Everyone did a bow of respect and understanding. Lucio on the other hand looked beyond upset.

I did a brief nod then turned to the man that was to escort me back to my cell, indicating I was ready.

"Boss!" I heard Lucio yell. "Boss!"

I heard a loud thud which sounded like he kicked the desk.

"Hey! Unless you're trying to go back in there I suggest you pipe down." I heard one of the officers say.

"Vaffanculo!" I heard Lucio tell the officer. (Fuck off)

"That was real cute DeLuca. "Until we meet again"" The officer mocked. "You won't see the light of day again." He shoved me inside the cell and took my handcuffs off. He hurriedly locked the door. "Fucking loser." He said before he walked off.

I took a seat on the bed and took in my surroundings. Any day now, they'd move me to the state penitentiary.

I sighed, it was time to get comfortable because this would be my life from now on.