Chapter 39: Happily Ever After

Start from the beginning

You pleasantly agreed triggering an after-burning thought. You've known MK for nearly a year and a half learning a great deal about him. The love he has for his friends is equally divided, although, he sought affection from you as if you were their mother. It's even gone as far as he called you mom. You did not oppose since you felt mutual toward the idea, yet it would be offensive to his parents in some way, wouldn't it?

"He sure is a mystery too." You unintentionally added.

Macaque sways gently to the beat. "Curious about him?" One pro trait about you is your heart of gold. You're constantly concerned for others, especially when it comes to friends. Macaque and Sun have always found it attractive.

"Yeah, I've been around him for a while, but I don't quite know him at all." You admitted.

"Maybe you can ask him?" He tips your chin up. "For now, let's enjoy our time alone before Wukong ruins it." He pulls you close in one tug from his tail then clashes lips onto yours. You cup his face returning the favor. You battle for dominance with each passionate kiss only to conclude in a draw for air. Both of you are flustered after giving it their all. He soothes the moment with gentle smooches.

"You're cute when you're possessive." You cooed. "But we agreed to share me, and each spends quality time based on our schedules."

"And yet, Wukong bailed on our engagement while I'm alone committed to my, sugarplum." He grinned as his playful guise begins to show.

"You know he didn't bail. Something came up." You boop his nose, unwilling to fall for his tricks. "That being said, we should head home. It's almost midnight."

"Mid-term studies, right?" He sighed dejectedly.

You shoot him an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry. I'll have free time during spring break."

"You don't need to be sorry. I know you're doing your best. Just promise me I'm first on your list when the break comes." He transforms into a bird and perches on your shoulder. "Let's take the scenic route home." He suggested.

Effortlessly, he carries you to the mountain while admiring the view below.

It's been seven months since the fall of Bone Demon, and your trial. The city has recognized MK as its hero. You're proud to witness his experiences broaden his prowess. Meanwhile, you have chosen to finish college to pursue your dream career. In a way, you're starting fresh in life with a positive mindset. Even so, there was a month-long grieving process in between prior except you weren't alone. Your friends, father, and lovers were there to help you back on your feet. Now you feel like you can take on the world.

As you land on the mountain, you find Sun talking to your father. Both were seemingly troubled. Golden eyes divert towards you, immediately switching moods. "Hey! There they are~! You sure kept me waiting. I thought I'd be unattended tonight." Sun winked. You immediately become beat red in disbelief the sage would say such a lewd thing in front of guests.

Macaque rolls his eyes, "when has there ever been a curfew for a date?" He queried.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe since today?" Sun said cheekily.

You ignore the boys and focus on your father. "Is everything alright?"

Lixin smiles and pats your hands reassuringly. "I'm fine, dear. I was merely informing the Monkey King about the twins Yin, and Jin as well as my plans." You quirk a brow to Wukong for an explanation.

"Your dad says he's layed odd the twins. They didn't take it well when he felt he no longer required their services. Oddly enough, my stash of relics has been stolen which is why I took a rain check on our date."