Chapter 39: Happily Ever After

(A/N): Hello~! It's so good to be back! Thank you again for voting on season 4. I had no idea so many people were up for more. Again thank you. Here we are with a brand new season only this time bonds are tighter than before. I'll most likely do season 5 as well if there is one and if not maybe one day I'll make another book. So without further ado, please enjoy~

Edit: Oh my gosh someone pointed out something I forgot to add but I know I did. So sorry for those confused. This chapter and the story is a continuation without babies. Pretend the epilogue doesn't happen until the very end of the series or book when completed.

Macaque sets a bowl of assorted fruits on the table along with an array of dishes. He takes a step back to admire his handy work. "Something's off." Eureka! The final addition is a plum blossom branch as a centerpiece. "Much better." He chirped.

On cue, your voice echoes. Startled, Macaque finds himself more nervous than anticipated. He quickly blocks the path ahead to greet you. "Hey there, beautiful."

"Well, hello..." your fingers walk across his chest to cup his cheek, "...hot stuff~" You cooed, earning a shudder from the simian. "Where's this surprise you've been so eager to show me?"

"You're close. I just need you to be blindfolded first." He covers your eyes and guides you down the path. You could barely contain your excitement. As you draw near, you hear the trickling sound of a waterfall. "Ready?" Nothing could have prepared you for the romantic setting Macaque put into. The dinner table is set under a tree decorated with lanterns next to a pond with a miniature waterfall, and the reflection of the moon on the water gives the oasis a magical touch. "I-it was a hassle getting everything sorted out. It's probably not the best, I know."

You cease his ramblings with a kiss. "It's perfect, my love."

His heart flutters as he bashfully rubs the back of his head. In a chivalrous manner, he pulls a chair out for you to sit on before taking his. You're dazzled by the delicious assortments of food served in front of you. What is strange is the large bowl of fruit. Sensual activities are all you could surmise from it.

Macaque squirms in his seat troubled by your silence. "If the food isn't to your liking you don't have to eat it. I can fetch you something else?"

"It's fine, love. Really. I love what you've done." You glance at your surroundings. "I'm blown away by...well...the detail you put forth. I had no idea how creative you are."

He sighs in relief and reverts to his confident self. "You know me, doll. I'm full of surprises."

You find it adorable how he was overcompensating for everything moments ago. One praise is all it takes to boost his ego. He certainly didn't differ from Sun Wukong.

After dinner, a slow dance was in order. Given the chance to enjoy being close to the moon. Two hearts in sync with the sound of music. It was like a dream come true. No more danger, no more complications. You're finally at peace after years. All it took was an encounter between a hero and a warrior.

You lock eyes as you shift positions. Your arms now wrap around his neck while your heads touch. You can't help placing Macaque under a spell by your powers. Not that he minded. You're both in total bliss, and it's well deserved.

"I never thought I'd get the chance to be this happy." You started.

"Neither did I. I thought my fate was sealed when resurrected, however, you gave me a second chance." Macaque's lips brush on your skin, planting a sweet kiss on your cheek.

"I didn't do it alone. Remember, MK did the most convincing."

"That kid sure is something." He scoffed.