Chapter 19: The Ritual

(A/N): Happy first day of October~! We are nearing the end of season 3 but not to worry it won't be the ending of the book. We still have more plot, and one last arc to go before we close the book. I'm sure you can guess the arc is finally about the reader's true identity. We will be learning about her powers and baggage.

P.S: I wanted to inform you that I am an artist as well. October is around the corner and was thinking of Inktober draw Halloween LMK themes if you would like to see them. Not to worry there will be no OC or reader art just mainly the canon characters but if you'd like I can add reader as a base for ya'll to draw yourselves in or OC to participate and share what you got. Let me know. Otherwise please enjoy the chapter~

The train ride was quiet. Once the team learned of Macaque, they scurried to the nearest train station. Not long after, Lantern city suddenly froze over with it's citizens inside. Tang watched in horror through the window, hearing the screams of the people crying out for help.

"So...umm...Mr. King-sir, I don't want to rush you or anything but uh-" Tang stuttered only for MK to butt in.

"-I'm ok with rushing him. What's the plan, Monkey King? We got all three rings of Samadhi. So how do we use them to make the Lady Bone Demon go boom? Is there a switch or-" The bump on the road causes MK to trip.

Briefly, Sun glances at Mei with remorse. "It's a bit more complicated than that." He sighed. "In order to reforge the Samadhi fire, we'll need to reach the summit of that mountain." He motions to the mountain covered in gold platings.

"Huh, and uh that's where we'll find the fourth ring, huh?" Pigsy taunted as he glares at Sun with vigor. "Ain't that, right? Monkey King?"

Before things could get messy, MK queries, "the fourth ring? What fourth ring?"

"Oh Pigsy, I think you're confused. Monkey King said the fire of Samadhi was built into three rings. Three rings are hidden by the three great warriors. Monkey King, the Demon Bull King, and the Lotus Prince." Tang reminded.

"No, he told me himself. I ain't the only one who heard it." All eyes turn to you. "Ain't that right, (Y/n)?" Pigsy said.

You were sitting with Sandy holding your legs to your chest, trying to rub your body for warmth but you felt colder and colder with every attempt. Your left body felt like pins and needles. You shiver violently concentrating on the source. It was Macaque. He had gone through some transformation. You feel the anxiety course through you, his frustration. You hear Pigsy call out to you worried. The noises were too much for you. "Not now..." You whispered first. He calls again. "I said NOT NOW!"

Your outburst startles everyone, but what alarms them the most are the crack marks on your body and the glowing eyes. At last, your secret is out. A glimpse of your defect has been revealed. Sun is the first to worry among the others. "What's happening to you, (Y/n)?" MK asked somewhat fearful.

Seeing the way everyone is looking at you makes you feel ashamed. "I-I don't know. I can't..." Sun takes a step forward but Sandy stops him mid-way.

"She needs a quiet environment, guys. Give her some space." Sandy suggested.

"You knew about this?" Pigsy prodded.

"It happened once at the Dragon Palace."

Sun monitors your behavior, how he could only watch helplessly. He internally reprimands himself for not noticing sooner. Whatever is going on has to do with powers.

A shadow casts over the train. Driving beside it is a ship. It blocks the path forward causing the train to halt. No one knows what's happening except Wukong. He utilizes his gold vision to see through. His eyes widen. He warns everyone to step back. The train is split by sharp, golden rings. The simian father's everyone to safety, standing in front of everyone as a meat shield. You were in Sandy's arms with Mo on his shoulders. It's clear Sun entrusted Sandy to look after you.