Chapter 17: Alone at last

(A/N): Incoming fluff and lime ahead

"What? You and Monkey King are a couple?" MK rejoiced. "My ship has been realized. Dreams do come true." At some point through the drive, the team was reunited along with one of the Samadhi rings. A gold ring was once an accessory of the Demon Bull King. It's hard to believe you are one step closer to ending the Lady Bone Demon.

"It's about time too." Pigsy started. "It was stressful watching both of you chase your tails."

"Was it that obvious?" You nervously chuckled.

In unison, they shout, "yes!"

"I may or may not have told them also," Mk admitted, shyly twiddling his fingers.

You sigh heavily, drained by all the attention. The Monkey King is absent to help lighten the load while in meditation. Luckily, the conversation died as MK told the story of how he came into possession of the ring. In the midst, you notice Mei pensively staring at the item. You take a seat next to her and smile softly. It eases her for the moment. "Are you ok?" Mei had expected to be interrogated, and yet doesn't know how to answer. She opens and closes her mouth prompted to tell still no syllable sounds. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

"No. I just don't know what I'm feeling." She said. "I get these terrifying visions, and I can't tell what it is. I do know it started when we met my great, great, great, great-"

"Your uncle." You interjected.

She nods. "It happened again when Red Son and I made contact. It was brief. I think he saw what I did?" The Bull family. You've forgotten about them. They're an unusual bunch that is capable of triggering unwanted visions. You wonder if it's purely a coincidence.

"What did you see?" You prodded.

She pauses, recollecting glimpses of every image. "I saw myself on fire and the rings." You follow her gaze comprehending her fixation. The way her voice drops doesn't sound appealing. "Has the Monkey King told you any more details about the ring?" She looks at you pleadingly. The only addition is there is an extra ring Sun forgot to mention. He has yet to speak up about it. Perhaps when the time came he is willing.

"Sorry." That is all you said. Mei leans her head back in disappointment. You wallow in remorse for having lied to a dear friend.

'All of these secrets are going to kill me.'

Another night, another campsite is set on a vantage point under a clear sky. Each individual uses their time to kick back and relax. Sandy being the driver, chose to grab some shuteye in the van. Tang focused on updating his journal and polishing the ring while MK reviewed the map leaving you and Mei to watch TV with Pigsy. A cooking show he recommended to you before if you ever wanted to expand your recipes. You never got around to binge watch it with so much on your plate.

"I like her cheerful attitude." You complimented.

"She's so much younger than I expected," Mei added.

"She's clever with how she uses her ingredients and what to do with the leftovers afterward." Pigsy's love for Change and passion for cooking are admirable. You're used to him constantly bickering. "You should take notes. I think today is about moon cakes."

"Oh, I definitely want to learn how to make those." You chirped. "Let me fetch my satchel." You excuse yourself from the group and quietly enter the Van. As soon as you grab your bag, Sun awakens. "Welcome back, sunshine." You kiss his cheek.

"I gotta be away more often." He smirked

"You're always gone." You whispered, backtracking out of the vehicle. Sun follows in tow.