Chapter 20: Walk Out

(A/N): Hey all, I know I said I would do prompt bases for ya'll but the Inktober prompts really are challenging for me. Instead, I have a better idea of making bases as per your request. It makes things easier and you get an ideal base of what you want with the monkies. Simply comment below what you want and I'll draw them. I'll make a separate book specifically for bases. I definitely want to see what ya'll make whether 

The heart of the altar illuminates as Tang begins the ritual. Mei's intuition tells her to fear whatever is approaching. She beseeches to remove herself from participating. To her dismay, it was not an option against Macaque's determination to see it through while you're helpless on your knees. You want to move, call out to knock some sense into Macaque before it's too late. You grit your teeth praying to the gods for a miracle.

Your prayers were heard. That miracle swooped in at the last minute on his cloud. Alas, the ritual was complete, and with it dispels Macaque's frozen body. You feel a sense of relief. The cold subsides, but in return feel Mei's confusion. MK finally comes to the chaos. He freaks out and reaches for Mei. Sun negates the contact. Nezha enters the fray nonchalantly breaking Sandy and Pigsy free with his petals as he explains nothing can extinguish the Samadhi fire.

The revelation shocks everyone. How is anyone to save Mei? You sense Sun's anger overflow. "You!" He shouted lunging towards Macaque. "You ruined everything." Macaque attempts to escape but gets dragged out of his portal. Your eyes widen as Sun's fist rises.

"No." You said hoarsely. You urgently tried to get back on your feet, tumbling like a newborn fawn.

'I have to stop them. Don't fight.'

Tang helps you up, recognizing what you wanted to do. "Stop! It was me." Tang confessed. "I mean yeah Macaque forced me to do it and I'm definitely having second thoughts on the whole thing now, but I don't know how and I don't know why. I just felt like I had to like it was destiny." The word reverberates sending a cold chill down the ape's spine. Sun ceases his advances finding no joy in beating a dead horse.

"I hate to interrupt but can someone explain what is going on? What's happening to Mei?" MK queried.

"Ok, this is gonna sound really bad but hear me out." Sun started. Already, you can tell it's going to be bad however he puts it.

"Wukong, what have you done?" Nezha demanded.

Sun explains the origin of the fourth ring. How it slipped out, taking a vessel and through the ages passed down from generation making Mei the fourth ring. The final artifact was with you the whole time, her vision has come to fruition. It was all due to Sun's constant secrecy. You ball your hand into a fist, ticked that your beloved could simply lead someone to spare himself from responsibility.

"You knew." Mei's voice dropped, livid at the newfound knowledge. "All along you knew I had this thing inside of me."

"Mei, hang on a second." MK paused.

"And you hid it from all of us. Why? What were you afraid of? That you were going to have to tear me apart to have your precious Samadhi fire?" She releases a flare nearly scorching everyone in the area. Sandy shields you and the others from the fire.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," Sun argued. "I thought if I could let the Samadhi fire out of you without hurting you of course, then I could put it inside myself. Then I don't know. Use it to burn up the lady Bone demon or something? I was kind of making this up as I-"

"That was your plan?" Nezha croaked.

"That's not a good plan." MK reiterated. You couldn't agree more with the boys. As per usual, Sun was improvising until progress was made.