Chapter 70

"No, Misu. I don't agree with this proposal" says Geungwon and puts down his pen on the meeting round table.

Misu frowns. "Oh, why leader-nim? He's so big in public. If we can prove he's doing illegal activities, we're going to keep up the company's reputation. It's it just so good?"

"Yeah, If he is really doing that. If not, we'll be in bankruptcy" says Geungwon.

"Why bankruptcy? We won't publish anything until we get something solid against him" says Geungwon.

"I doubt that"

Misu is in disbelief. "Why???"

"You only have one informant too," says him.

"Yeah, we have one informant but the proof she gave me is quite big. And it's our job. We're investigative journalists. We help helpless people. We have the team for that. Remember
Nth Room case? That's what we have to do" says Misu.

Geungwon stares at Misu for a few seconds before saying anything. "That's a whole different situation. That informant gave proof for an accusation to a public figure, not for help to herself" says Geungwon.

"How is it different? Isn't it a help to the whole nation? Illicit drugs are nothing less" Misu argues.

"Yeah, yeah, I agree. But why does she have to accuse the public figure of that? If she cares about illicit drugs, she would go straight to the police station. She even has the location. Don't you think it's weird, Misu-ah?"

"That's literally the point, the reason she isn't reporting to the police. Public figures, especially a chaebol like him can easily clear their name in the police station. That's maybe her reason" Misu tries to convince him.

Geungwon shakes his head. "You're so crazy, Misu. I expect you to be the smartest on the team. But this is so crazy" says Geungwon and he gets up from his chair, he's tidying his book.

"Leader-nim, what's wrong? What did I say wrong?" asks Misu cluelessly.

Geungwon ignores her and straight walks out of the meeting room.

"Leader-nim!" Misu shouts but Geungwon walks out anyways.

"Aishhh" Misu grumbles, then looks at her teammate, Daesung who's been looking at her.

"Yah, what do you think? Am I wrong?" asks Misu to Daesung.

"Me?" Daesung asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, I ask you".

"I-I think, we should take this case. It's big and interesting" says Daesung.

"I know right? Leader-nim is so weird" says Misu and pouts her lips.

         Jungkook is in the dining room. He is seated at one end of the long dining table.

He's staring at the wall, lost in his thought.

It's been three days, no sign of y/n whereabouts at all.

How could she escape his top security team? And how couldn't they track her?

He scoffs at the thought, she's improving.

But then, his face turns serious when reality hits him. The fact she's improving means it is harder for him to find her.

He slides his chair back and throws the napkin down.

He hasn't touched any food which is about 10 different meals in front of him but he's already losing his appetite.

He gets up from the chair. "Take all back, I don't have an appetite," says him and he walks out from the dining room.

He goes to Seol's room.