Chapter 60

"Why do you blame me?" asks Jungkook, and he tilts his head.

Yeongji clenches her hands and open them again. It's the time to tell him. But she doesn't know how to do it.

"You look like you have something to tell me," says Jungkook.

"Yeah. I do".

Jungkook leans in, waiting for her to say it.

"Listen," says Yeongji, who pauses, gulps down saliva, and then focuses again. "When you were six, when you told me that you played with that bitch, she was sampling your DNA. And you aren't Minho's child or even mine. That's why I have to kill him," says Yeongji, and she bites her lower lip slightly.

A smile remaining on Jungkook's face causes Yeongji to frown. Why isn't he mad? Or at least show a reaction.

"So? How it my fault?" asks Jungkook with a shrug.

Seeing how calm he is, she starts to think that Jungkook already knows about it. "So you know..." says Yeongji.

"Um, I know. Not that hard, Yeongji," says Jungkook.

Yeongji scoffs in disbelief. Why didn't she never expect it? "Since when?" she asks him.

"Since you killed him," says Jungkook.

Yeongji's eyes flicker. She's in shock because she never expected it that early. That is so noticeable to Jungkook.

"You were screaming, so I turned off the MP3 player."

Yeongji strains out a smile. Little description of that day triggers her anxiety. "Oh, that early?"

"Yeah, so what about it?" asks Jungkook.

Yeongji studies Jungkook's face. Then, she bursts out laughing. "Oh my God, Jungkook. You know this all of the time. But you have a gut wish for my downfall?" asks Yeongji, and she laughs again.

Jungkook just watches her without saying anything.

Yeongji's laughter slowly dies, then she looks at Jungkook with an expression of holding in the laughter. "You must be thinking that this is your villain moment. But no, honey, no. Men will kill you once they find out that you're not Minho's son. The men are like a cult, worshipping the originator like God. Minho's son is just a successor, a piece of living flesh that he left, and the men are loyal. But you.." Yeongji pauses, and she shakes her hand. "You're not Minho's son," says Yeongji, and she chuckles.

Yeongji's chuckles cause Jungkook to smirk. How funny that she thought he never gave a thought to this. Especially when he even told her once.

Jungkook sits upright. "Do you think I don't know that?" asks Jungkook.

"You clearly don't,"

"Didn't I tell you when you wanted me to marry that woman, that marriage wouldn't save me, but Minho's blood would?" asks Jungkook.

Yeongji burst out laughing. "So what??? You're so funny, Jungkook. Of course, Minho's blood will save you. But what are you going to do? Draining out your blood and sucking Taehyung's blood into your body??? How?" asks Yeongji sarcastically.

Jungkook scoffs. Yeongji is not as smart as he thought. How can this woman leave out the child in Dami's womb at that time?

His luck was that the child was a girl. This thought reminds him of y/n, causing a greater smile on his face.

"So, Jungkook, be smart. You can't end me. Your life depends on me. As well as mine for yours. So, won't you give me your cooperation?" asks Yeongji.

"I can just kill you now, aren't you worried about that?" he asks her.