Champions League - Part 2

Summer 23 -

" Riley wake up" I heard from next to me, I shot up and rested on my arms, breathing heavily, I felt a hand on my back " hey it's okay, calm down, your safe" Leah said pulling me into her chest. I slowly slowed down my breathing before replaying the nightmare in my head, causing me to stand up and lift my top up to check my scars. I let out a deep breath, happy to see that they weren't how they were on the night off the tackle. Leah got out of bed and pulled me into a hug " was it another one of your nightmares" she softly whispered, I nodded my head before my eyes started to shut from tiredness, Leah moved us back to the bed and I feel back asleep.

" We really need to get this sorted out, you can't be waking up every night having nightmares, it's not good for your health" Leah said from the kitchen table as I made breakfast " yeah I'll see what I can do" I said blowing off the suggest, trying not to speak about it much.

" hmm your scars are looking better now" Katie said as I stepped into the ice bath " thanks Katie, they will be with my forever so I'm glad that you think they look better" I said laughing slightly.

" Right listen up girls!" Jonas said gaining all of our attentions " We have a new girl joining us from Bayern" He said pointing to the door, The door opened and in walked a girls face I'll never forget, her, the girl who caused the scars. I felt a hand on my knee, I brought my head back up and looked at who's hand it was, Leah, " you'll be alright, I'm sure she didn't mean to do that tackle on purpose" Leah said softly before moving her head to face the front of the room " hey guys" the new player said.

I throw my football boots on the floor and stormed into the kitchen " how dare he sign her! Why is she signing for our club! How can she even look at me and not feel guilty" I said through anger " smithy calm down" Leah said bringing me into a hug " I hope she sees what she did to me and feels guilty" I mumbled into her neck " I'm sure she does, maybe she just doesn't know how to apologise or is to shy to right now" Leah suggested, rubbing her hand up my back, I nodded before getting a notification from the group chat " Party at New girls house. Be there by 7" Katie sent through to the group chat " she has a name" Katie sent after, guess we are going to the new girls house tonight.....