Meeting The Parents- Leah Williamson

Hey my name is Alex! I play for arsenal and England. I'm 23 years old. Blonde hair and blue eyes and tall. I have a bad reputation for something very important... you may be asking yourself what it is... meeting my girlfriend parents... I know you might be confused, what I mean is, I stick around in a relationship before she asks for me to meet the parents and then I'm out, I break up with her basically. Everyone at Arsenal and England know about it, I was dating Jill Roord when she was at Arsenal, she asked for me to meet her parents I broke up with, later on she moved away.

So it came a bit of a shock when Leah Williamson, my current girlfriend, asked me to meet her parents, she knows about my history but still asked. I'll take you back to the day she asked me....

We were walking into the changing rooms after finishing training, I was walking with viv and Beth, who recently came back from an injury, " how was training for you both?" I asked " amazing so happy to be back on the pitch" Beth said smiling " yeah like Beth said, can't wait to play a match now" viv smiled back at me "nearly there now" I said walking into the changing room, Leah, Wally, Kim, Vic, Lotte,Caitlin, Steph and Katie were all in the changing rooms " hey guys" I said making my way over to Leah and bring her into a hug before resting my hand on her waist and turning to speak to everyone. I squeezed Leah's waist gentle before turning to her " you seem quite, everything okay?" I asked her softly, Leah brought her eyes to mine " yeah, yeah...I just need to ask you a question" Leah said smiling slightly " go on" I smiled " meet my parents" Leah blurted out, I looked down and then back up, thinking for a second, meeting the parents means a whole new step in the relationship and that's what makes me panicked and makes me say no when I'm dating someone but Leah is different and maybe I should get over the fear... "okay" I said smiling softly at her, her face turned to a more relaxed looking face, she let out a deep breath " really?" Leah questioned, knowing my history with this question " of course, I want to take this step with you" I smiled before bringing her into a hug.

So this is way I'm stood right now outside Leah's childhood house, with some flowers in my hand, my outfit being some black jeans with a white off- white t-shirt and a black denim jacket. The door flung open, Leah appeared at the door, smiling and pulling me into a hug " your here!" She said excitedly " of course I am" I said before Leah's mum and dad came into the room, " Hello Mrs & Mr Williamson" I said shaking their hands " Please call me Amanda and Call him David" Leah's mum said softly, I smiled before we made our way into the living to see a few more faces looking up at us, Leah wrapped her hand around my waist " hey guys this is Alex" Leah introduced me, I waved before they all introduced themselves " Hey I'm Jacob, Leah's brother" Jacob said shaking my hand " Great to meet you" I said giving a smile, i made my way to what looked liked a mum and her daughter " hey nice to meet you, I would shake your hand but you look full" I said laughing "hey my name is Clare and she is called Alexia" the girl said "aww cute" I said smiling before making my way over to where Leah was sat.

We all talked, mostly embarrassing Leah, Amanda showed me baby photos of Leah, which made me laugh. We had dinner and then went back into the living room and sat down to watch a movie. " Hey Alex, do you want to hold Alexia" Clare asked " Really! Of course I would love to" I said excitedly, Clare pasted over Alexis, I snuggled her into my chest before I carried on watching the movie. I looked down to see alexia asleep in my arms, I moved my jacket that I was wearing to cover her body a bit to keep her warm. Leah took a photo while I was watching the movie and alexia sleeping on my chest and sent it to me.

Once I got home, I got changed and went straight to bed, i text Leah saying thank you for the amazing night and I would like to do it again, she sent me the photo, I asked if I could put it on my Instagram story but cover the baby's face for private reason, which Leah agreed to, we said goodnight before I made the Instagram post.

(ALEX IS LEAH IN THIS PHOTO)