"I am doing well, sir. How about you?"

"Cut the crap, Ethan. You refuse to answer my phone calls, and now you call me sir. You know my stand on respect which you didn't show." Grandfather said sternly.

Stefano Salviatti was a man who had principles and didn't budge. I just nodded my head and apologised.

"Let's move on. I don't have time for straightening your unruly behaviour. I want you to fly to New York tomorrow morning."

I never went along with Grandpa because of how he gave orders and expected us to follow them.

Don't get me wrong, I was used to Dad expecting me to follow his every direction to the letter, but the way Grandpa gave orders irked me to no end.

"Unfortunately, I can't come to New York. I have business here in Switzerland I must attend to." I said calmly.

"Always the disobedient one. I won't beat around the bush, your family needs you."

I chuckled darkly and shook my head. "Are you serious? Do you realise that the last time we saw each other was at a ball that took place nearly two years ago?"

He paused for a moment as if contemplating my words which I knew he wasn't doing before he resumed his speech.

"Ethan, you made your choice years ago, and you must take responsibility for it. Now, it is a time for us to be together and show a strong front."

"You want us to do that by participating in a camp full of teenagers?" I raised an eyebrow. "Sorry, but I have better things to do. If you want me to execute any mission, then I am ready for it. You know I would die for my family."

"Do you think I would waste your Father's and Uncles' time on that camp for nothing?"

"There is a catch, right?"

"Finally your brain woke up. The jet would be ready at seven in the morning."

"A catch or not, I won't participate in any activity until you answer my question about Amelia."

Even after Alberto's death, the girl's name kept replaying in my mind, I asked my grandfather the same question every chance I got, but he shut me down without any explanation.

There was silence on the other side, and I prepared myself for the tongue-lashing that was coming my way.

"I promise to have a discussion about this particular topic after the camp."
I nodded my head in agreement as I knew Grandpa's word was true, and he would never go back on a promise he made.

"I must fly to Italy first, then I will land in the states at night. I take it the camp is in the headquarters located on the outskirts of New York." I decided that obeying my grandfather's orders was the best course of action especially after he made the compromise of answering my questions about Amelia.

"Don't act as if you don't already have this information. You were never a good liar."

"You say it as if it is a bad thing."

"Yes, in our world it is a bad thing, to be honest to the core. I know you can lie and be manipulative if you wish."

Talking to Grandpa was like speaking to a wall. I sighed and said in a tired voice. "I will be in the headquarters at night tomorrow."

Grandpa nodded his head in satisfaction and ended the call without another word. I chuckled and shook my head in exasperation. The man knew how to hold a grudge for years.

I pressed the interphone and ordered my assistant. "Call Enzo back to my office."

"What did he want?" It was the first thing my best friend said.