Chapter 2

It was the next day, I ran downstairs and I ran into David.

"Woah there, Sky, where do you think you're going?" he smiled.

"Mom called me, so I came down." I explained.

"Well, time to meet the guys, and I have a surprise for you." we walked in the living room.

"Introducing, the amazing, talented, the second person I know who can play bass. Sky Mill!" he shouted. I ran in the room Simple Plan was sitting on the couch, staring at me.

"Thank you, David, I wish I could play something on the bass, but my old friend broke mine." I smiled nervously.

"Erin told me about that so, I found this. Its the bass I used to play when I stayed over here."he smiled back as he handed me the blue bass.

"Thank you. Now, what should I play?" I thought out loud.

"How about When I'm Gone?" Pierre suggested.

"Ok. I know that song, David, will you play with me?"

"Of courses, kid."

"That was awesome! I don't think anybody could've done a better duet with David, while singing on-key." Pierre complemented.

"Why, thank you." I said, smiling ear to ear.

"Erin, can Sky come with us on a walk around town?" Seb asked.

"Of course, but I want her back home safely and she needs to be home by 10." she confirmed.

"Ok. Thanks, Mom." I kissed her cheek and got in the car with Chuck and David. Chuck drove, while I sat next to David in the backseat.

"So, pretty much, you were like my dad in a way." I tried to get this straight.

"Yeah, in a way. More like a dad and big brother figure. But you get the point, I helped Erin raise you. And looks like my job is done, I inspired you to play the bass."

"And got me to sleep at night. I still have the recording." I leaned against his chest and showed him the video of him singing and playing Addicted.

"Wow. I am surprised you didn't recognize me off the spot like your mom did." he stroked my hair.

"I told you, it took a while but I remembered, the last time I saw you I was 6, that was almost 13 years ago."I pointed out.

"Ok I get it." he joked.