Chapter 6: Mystery on our hands

The next morning, Meggy, Auri, and Mario were in the back yard of Auri's house. Mario was put against the wall, standing up straight while Auri walks back and forth in front of him like it was a boot camp.
"Now listen up here, buddy!" Ordered Auri, "You're tasked to clean up this island till its squeaky clean!" He said, "And you better not take any shortcuts!"
 "Ugh, does Mario has to?" Mario said in bore.
"Yes Mario." Replied Meggy with a serious tone, "If you wanna get out of here soon, then you'll might as well help with this mess." 
"Well, it's not my fault!"
"Hey!" Interrupted Auri, "Lets not fight about this!"
"Ugh, Fine! I'll do this'a stinky service!" And Mario walked angrily away, taking FLUDD with him. "Just don't do anything stupid Mario!" Added Meggy, and Mario gave her the back middle finger as he walked out.
Meggy just rolled her eyes, irritated from his behavior. Auri adjusted his belt and sheriff badge, "Come on Meggy!" He said, "Lets go find some clues!" 
"Wait, whose gonna supervise Mario then?" 
"I think he can handle it by himself. Besides, whats the worse that can happen?"  
"Well I can name a number of things..."
So both Meggy and Auri walked the opposite direction from Mario, and went to the Main Plaza to search for clues.
The Plaza was blocked off to everyone. Construction workers, and machines are littered throughout the area. They were all hard at work at quickly rebuilding the house's, store's, and everything that were destroyed by Ink Bigerrea. Luckily for them, since Auri is the official sheriff of Port Aurora, they were both granted entry into the plaza with ease. They stopped right in the middle and, Auri explained his plan to Meggy
"Okay partner!" He said to her, "I will go search on this half of the plaza, and you search the other half, right?"
"Right." Said Meggy, and they both went their separate ways to search for any clues.
As Meggy walked through her side, she had to be cautious about the moving machinery. Their big heavy metal shovels, and wrecking balls can be enough to knock someone out cold! She had to walk slowly, making sure not to get hit by any of them. She inspected her surrounding's, making sure to not miss anything that may be important for them. She suddenly stopped as one of the moving machines nearly ran over her!  It stopped at first, till she took a look at whose running it. Meggy shockingly gasped in fear, It was that familiar shadow in the shape of... Mario. they were staring her coldly, making her feel unease, and scared. It took Meggy a while to realized that the shadow was operating a wrecking ball! The shadow Mario quickly moved the crane with the large steel ball attached to it at her direction! Her eyes shrank in fear, and froze in place like a deer about to be ran over by a 4 by 4 semi truck!
"WATCH OUT!" Yelled one of the construction workers.
By pure luck, Meggy was able to jump out of the way from the attack just in time! She fell head first to the concrete floor, getting herself knocked out for a bit. The shadow figure banged the window in anger, failing to commit murder against the human Squidward.
 All the construction workers ran up to Meggy, checking if she was okay. Meggy was able to get back up with the help from them.
"What on earth are you doing here?" Said one of the construction worker's, "This place isn't safe for a kid like you!" Said another.
"I'm Sorry." Said Meggy, rubbing her head, "Its just..." She paused as she looked back up to the machine, and noticed that the figure wasn't there anymore.
"I-I'm just looking for something." She explained, looking back at them.
"Looking for what?"
Before Meggy could say anything else, a short construction worker came out running from the building they were rebuilding.
"Hey fellas!" They yelled, Look what I found!"
"Whats it this time Chauncey?" Asked a Worker. 
"Just Look!" They then proceeded to show, a chipped off building piece that was painted in a strange yellow substance.
"Yeah? and what about it?"
"This brick is not yellow!" They then put their palm on top of it, and when they took it off, everyone was in complete surprise!
That the brick was in fact, not yellow, but was freshly painted over it.
"Say," Curiously said Meggy, "Where did you found that?"
"It was inside that house with one of the destroyed rooms!" Explained the small construction worker, "Come on I'll show you!"
Meggy then followed the short, stumbly worker inside the barely finished building. They walked pass through the dusty living room and crumbly hallway. They then entered into one of the bedrooms that was completely dark.
"Hey, where's the lights?" Asked Meggy.
"Oh, my bad, let me turn on my head light!" 
 Once the light went on with a big flash, blinding them for a bit, it has brighten up the once dark room. When Meggy opened her eyes, she was in utter shock! There was yellow paint splattered all over the room, filled with graffiti symbols, and multiple drawings of Mario everywhere! One of the writing's on the wall even said, "Mario was here!..."
Meggy backed up a little to see the full picture.
"This doesn't make any sense. Whose doing this? And why do they have something against Mario?" She thought.
Then something inside of Meggy triggered a memory. The shadow Mario figure she was seeing, both in her dreams, and in reality.
"So it's not my eyes playing tricks on me..."
She was slowly starting to lose it, questioning whats even going on anymore. But the question still holds to her, who and why are they doing this? And why Mario out of all people? The graffiti on the wall isn't leading her to nothing but more questions.
"I-I think thats enough of whats to know." She said.
"Know about what?" Asked the little construction worker.
"Nothing... It's nothing..."
Meggy walked out from the beyond repair building, and came back to the center of the plaza. She was still questioning, if that shadow figure of Mario was an alive being, or a still just a figment of her imagination. Sure Mario always gets into her mind when he's being a nuisance, but it never went this badly as an alive shadow figure of him messing around in her head.
Auri also came back from the other side to her in the center of the plaza, looking disappointed. "Did you found anything Auri?" She asked, doubtful.
"No." Sighed Auri, "Not even a clue."
"Well... me neither." She added with a sigh.
Both Auri and Meggy sat down on some boxes near them, feeling defeated that they're not able to find anything.
"Finding clues is much more harder than I thought." Said Auri.
"You could say that again," Also said Meggy, "I don't think we're gonna find any clear clue on who really did it."
"Yeah... I'm sorry Meggy."
"...It's fine. I hope Mario isn't getting himself into trouble right now.
So the two just rested on the boxes for now... If only that was possible if it wasn't for an old lady screaming in the distant! The screaming caught both the attention from Meggy, and Auri!
"Sounds like someone's in trouble!" Exclaimed Auri, and they both ran towards the screaming. They soon found themselves in the streets nearby an ice cream shop, and from there, they found the old lady, getting harassed by 4 colored aliens, each with different shaped antennas on their head.
"HEY, STOP RIGHT THERE!" Yelled Auri at them.
The 4 aliens looked back at them, taking the purse of the old lady they were robbing from.
"Uh-oooh!" They said, and ran away with the lady's purse!
"Help! They stole my purse!" Cried the old lady.
"Don't worry! I'm coming to the rescue!" Shouted Auri,
He was about to chase them down, but he unexpectedly tripped on an unnoticed, and perfectly placed banana on the ground, and fell face first to the floor.
"Ouch." He painfully said.
"Gee, nice job hero!" Said the angry old lady,
"Now they have all my treasury that I've sto- I mean had!"
She then angrily walked away, leaving the scene.
"Oh carp done it!" Auri said furiously, as he got back up on his feet, "Those no good aliens keep getting away!"
Meggy thought to herself before asking, "Are they also part of that same criminal group?"
"I say so, yes!" Auri replied, "They've been causing nothing but a ruckus, stealing things that don't belong to them!" He added angrily. 
 Out of no where, they suddenly heard another screaming, only this time, it's coming from the sky.
"Do you hear that?" Said Auri.
"I think I know who it is." Meggy said, without a doubt.
Like a shooting star falling from the sky, Mario crashed landed right in front of them!
"Mama-Fucker," He said with pain.
"Okay, what did you do this time Mario?" Assumingly said Meggy, in an irritated tone.
"Mario did nothing!" He said while getting back up, "I was just cleaning up, until those son'sa bitches smacked me all the way here."
"Who were they?" Auri then asked.
"The Teletubbies."
"The who?"
"The Teletubbies! those'a 4 colored ass holes kicked Mario all the way here!"
Auri gasped, "Those are the guys we came across too! Do you know where they went before you were sent flying Mario?"
"Mhm! They went inside that casino place."
"The casino?" Questioned Meggy.
"Oh! I think he's probably talking about The Crazy Coconut Theater!" Auri excitingly firgued out. Meggy suddenly got the goosebumps when she heard that name. She still remembered the time when she and someone else tried to get her stolen suitcase back, while trying not to be eaten alive by a tiger.
"Well come on!" Said Auri, "Lets go there and teach them a lesson!"
"Wait!" Stopped Meggy, "We can't just go in there!"
"Well, why not?"
"We don't know what lies across when we come against them! And another thing, we don't even know what they could do to us!" 
Auri paused and thought for a bit, "Actually Meggy, you're right," He said, "I know just the person to call! quick, follow me back to my place, I know exactly who could help us!"