~18~

|~|

Finally off work, and finally laying on my couch mindlessly scrolling through whatever social media I decided to open. And of course, my doorbell rings.

Somehow the signal that something has gone horribly wrong, every single time it went off, and I'd regret opening it.

I stood. Making my way to the door, just to open it to a soaking wet Choi San. Water drops ran and dripped off his sharp features.

"I need your car."
He said as though it was the most regular thing ever.
"What the fuck are you doing out in the rain?!"
I practically yelled in his face, dragging him into my house.
"My boyfriend has my car, and I need to drive somewhere. Please."
San begged.
"Where?"

"You won't like it."

"We barely know each other. A stranger isn't driving my car."
I said walking off to my bathroom to grab the soaked boy a towel.
"Please! I have a bad feeling. And I need to check on him. I need to. Please Seonghwa, please."
There was nothing but pure worry and panic in his voice.
"Who?"
I asked.
"For fucks sake, Hongjoong. Please he won't answer my calls. He's at a party, and I know he's drunk. And I'm worried."
I stared at him a moment before sighing.
"I'll do. I'll go fucking fetch him like he's a child. I'm taking you home. You're shivering and wet. Go."
I gestured him out of my house to swiftly get in my car.

I dropped San off at his front door, and sped off to my next destination. I knew I was going to walk into this house and see a perfectly fine Hongjoong.

The home smelled so strongly of and sweat alcohol it was nauseating. I searched through the bodies looking for any sight of blue hair.

And there he was. With a man, looking far too uncomfortable for my liking. He had Hongjoong's wrist tightly grasped between his fingers, dragging him to the stairs. Hongjoong was obviously struggling against him.

I moved up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist tight enough to stop him from being drug away any further.
"No,"
He quietly said, and I quickly realized how much more uncomfortable and unsafe I was probably making him feel. I rest my chin against his shoulder and kissed his neck as a reassurance that I wasn't going to harm him.
"Let's go home, my dear."
I said. He recognized my voice. And relaxed himself into me, practically melting into me.

I pulled him closer, watching the man's hand drop to his side, leaving a clear mark against Hongjoong's pale skin.
"Thank you for keeping and eye on him while I was on my way here."
There was nothing but sarcasm and snarkiness in my tone of voice.
"Now, you can kindly fuck off."

I turned before he could even say a single word to me. I pulled Hongjoong out the door, dragging him into the rain, and to my car. I knew he hated it, but I also knew he was fucking drunk.

"I feel sick."
He said before promptly throwing up at my feet. I cringed in disgust.
"I was planning on taking you home and leaving you,"
That plan definitely wasn't gonna fly. I just knew he would get into his own house and not even shower. There was no way he was going to care for himself correctly, and no matter how pissed off and hurt I was by him, I wasn't just going to just leave him.
"but now, I'm taking you back to my place. Get in the car."

I swung open the passenger side door, allowing the small man to slip in. I quickly searched through my back seat to find any sort of disposable bag that he could use to throw up in if needed, because alcohol vomit was the absolute last thing I needed in my car.

Our car ride was silent.

No speaking, and thankfully, no vomiting.

I helped his stumbling self up the metal staircase, and slightly struggling to open the front door and support his body but I manage.

"You want to shower?"
Even if he said no, I still planned to make him, but he nodded his head.
"Good. Do you want clothes?"
Yet another question that didn't matter his answer. He shook his head.
"Yes is the correct answer. Do you need any help?"
He shook his head in a much more frantic manner, the movement very clearly making him dizzy.
"Okay, I'll help you get to the bathroom though."

I walked behind him, grabbing his waist to steady him every now and then when he lost his balance.

"Would you like me to help you undress."
He shook his head, he was a surprisingly quiet drunk, he seemed very shy, and withdrawn, quite unlike his sober self.
"I'll make you tea, and get you some water for after you bathe, it'll make you feel better. I'm sure the alcohol is leaving your system somewhat now. Throwing up should've helped a bit."
I said before leaving the bathroom to fetch him clean clothes to change into and putting them in the bathroom for him, as well as setting water on the stove to boil for tea.

I heard the water come on and splash on the floor, signaling he was in the shower. I stood outside the door, waiting for the shower to turn off, listening for any indication that he needed help, but instead, his shower seemed to go smoothly.

He was drunk. But very possibly the calmest drunk I've ever been around.

"Do you feel better?"
I asked as he walked out of the bathroom. He nodded.
"Do you want anything to eat?"
He shook his head.
"You look tired, you wanna go to bed?"
He nodded in agreement.
"I'll lie down on the couch,"
He quietly said, moving to walk around me.
"Sleep in my bed. It's not like you haven't slept there before."
He frowned at me.
"Come with me, then."
He whispered. Now it was was my turn to shake my head.
"Please,"
He almost inaudibly begged, it would be unreasonably difficult to say no to him.
"Fine."
I agreed. Walking past him to my room with him on my heels following.

We rolled into my bed, I positioned my body fairly far from his, but he rolled over twords me, I would be lying if I said I didn't love the feeling, because I loved him so fucking much.

We laid in silence for a moment, he was the first to break it.
"Seonghwa, I'm so dumb."
He huffed.
"Why's that?"
I ask.
"San's right,"
I patiently waited for more of an explanation.
"I do like you. I fucking lot. But I think I messed it up, didn't I?"
He rested his forehead into my shoulder in obvious disappointment.
"Messed up what, my dear?"
I kindly asked, brushing my fingers through his still damp hair.
"You. I ruined any chance I had with you."
He whined.
"I don't know about that, Joong."
I laughed.
"But I was so horrible to you."

I thought back to our interaction weeks before, and as horribly hurt I was by it, he didn't treat me particularly horribly. It was a hurtful thing to say, but it wasn't entirely believable in the first place, and I should've recognized that.

"I was pretty hurt by it, Hongjoong."
He nodded against my shoulder.
"I would be too."

"I still like you Hongjoong, but I'd prefer to talk about this when you're sober."
He lifter his body up to look at me.
"I'm sober enough."
I shake my head.
"I don't know about that."

"Can I kiss you, again?"

"In the morning. Get some rest, pretty boy."

He laid back down against me, resting his leg over my hips, and snuggling his face a little further into my neck.

And there I laid awake, trying to decide what I wanted to do with this. With him. For now, I'm choosing to wait for tomorrow morning, and see how he was feeling after all the alcohol had left his body... Or enough that he was pretty much sober.