Stargazing: Part 2

Start from the beginning

Teru silently thanked the heavens as Kieran brainstormed various ways to satisfy his pregnant mate's hunger than his own blood deprivation.

Blood...

He swore he felt little flips in his belly. Wasn't it too early to feel their tiny kicks yet? Were they that excited? His mouth salivated, craving it.

On demand, a slit wrist appeared before him. Teru automatically parted his lips and grabbed Kieran's hand to pull the wound closer, hungrily gazing at the several drops falling-

His eyes. Does he have enough blood to spare right now? It would be dangerous to give him mine while pregnant. What should I do? the omega contemplated while holding back. The teeny tremors inside him protested.

With his other hand, Kieran skimmed his fingers over Teru's bump. "Drink. It's fine," he ushered, pushing his bleeding wrist to his face.

The warm liquid touched Teru's tongue. It was too much, unable to consider the vampire's poor condition anymore. His human teeth latched onto Kieran's wrist, sucking deeply. Every inhale beckoned spurts of coppery goodness to come out, to fill him up so the hunger would leave.

More and more he drank, purring away the cravings. How long had he been doing this? How much more was left? It was hot. So hot. Sweat beaded his skin. Uncomfortable. Hot flash? No, this was too intense to be a hot flash. He wiggled, wanting to take off these damned pajama pants. More blood, please.

His rationality slipped, parental instincts to survive took over. My alpha told me to do it. He provides for me. Mine. Pups.

But if his mate was too weak to fight if danger arose, they'd be at risk. This place wasn't secure; their safe haven was too far. Anything could be watching them-animals, monsters, humans, vampires, or worse. They needed to be careful. That meant Teru had a responsibility, too, just like Kieran.

Regrettably, he stopped sucking and swallowed his last fill...for now. The cravings subsided. His dominant side was clawing to take control and seek more food. Teru snarled at it, No. Later. Not safe. Go away.

Kieran caressed his cheek with the same arm he had been drinking from. The cut slowly scabbed and closed. The messiness of the feeding remained. Red lines streaked to his elbow. "Good job. I'm proud of you."

There was something so amazing to hear Pride say they're proud of you.

Teru rested his face in Kieran's palm, hunger satiated but restless. He complained, "I don't feel well."

"You've been giving off pheromones for a while."

This surprised him. "Really? I didn't notice." Since it was brought up, it did smell heavily of brown sugar...

...and a hint of cinnamon? What the fuck? Was this a heat?! A heat cycle? Weren't those supposed to vanish until the pregnancy was over, like a woman's menstruation? He was freaking out! Now wasn't the place to beg for dick for a week!

"Shh," Kieran hugged him, sensing the rising panic. "This isn't your heat. It's too weak"

Too weak my ass!

"Then what?" Teru moaned into Kieran's neck, hating how his body kept getting warmer like an incoming cycle. His muscles ached. A deep throbbing hurt his insides. His lower half clenched. How was he supposed to sleep? Shit, Lucas and Blaise would be in the same car!

I need...I need...

He smelled mint. It was cool and refreshing. Teru's erratic breaths focused on the pheromones. It only helped with half the fever.

"Hormones vary per person. There are expecting mothers who don't want to be touched at all by their partners. They prefer solitude while carrying, disgusted at the notion of affection," Kieran told him. He nibbled on his ear. That weirdly felt good, sensitivity piqued. Teru groaned. "Many fall in the middle, content with hugs and occasional intimacy in the bedroom. Others have a high sex drive. Some omegas experience heat-like symptoms. You seem to be the latter, but the first trimester is too early for penetration. If you let me, there are other ways I can help you."

Teru panted, "If this isn't a heat, then what is it?"

Kieran's ear nibbling moved lazily to his pheromone sac. The Humility symbol was near that spot, showing off the marking that encircled it. Each peck made a kissing sound, exciting Teru. Noises during foreplay were a kink of his.

"Ah," Teru gasped, way, way, way, way, more sensitive than ever! If it was like this already, what would it feel like to be touched...there? Further down?

Kieran growled with a devilish grin, "You are horny. Extremely horny and you don't even know it."