Chapter 1

*Casey in mm*

Chapter 1

Angela

I walked into the master bathroom in my all black YSL evening gown to do a once over of my make up for the night. It's March 15 Casey and I's 10th wedding anniversary I should be happy around a time like this but with all the emotions I was feeling happy was at the very bottom of the list dead last.

"Come on woman we don't have all night the car will be here any minute!" Casey yelled as he pounded on the bathroom door.

I jumped when I heard him on the other side of the door.

"Ok I'm coming." I replied quietly but loud enough for him to hear me.

He didn't respond but when I heard his footsteps getting farther away from the door I instantly relaxed.

I picked up my MAC concealer along with the matching powder in the shade almond and applied it to the purple bruise on my neck. I didn't even recognize the woman in the mirror staring back at me. It's crazy because she looks like me hell even talks like me but she's just not me. covering up bruises with make up has sadly become the new normal for me.

I walked down the winding stair case when I seen Casey standing in the Foyer checking his watch. When I reached the bottom of the stairs he gave me a once over. He was wearing a Black Armani suit with the silver cuff links I got him for his birthday next year with some black alligator dress shoes on his feet.

"About time my lovely wife decided to grace me with her presence." He said with a smile on his face holding out his hand and helping me down to stand next to him.

"I love that suit on you." I said but my words didn't reach my eyes

"You should, you bought it." He said with a chuckle

I gave him a simple smile as he pulled me in for a sweet embrace.

"Mmmm you smell good makes me want to forget this event and celebrate our anniversary right here." He said in a deep voice as his hand gripped my ass

"I would love to but you know you have potential sponsors there and if you want to run for Mayor then it's a must that we attend." I replied slightly pushing away from him.

"I suppose you're right but when we get back that is mine." He replied smirking at me

I blushed in response. I love him when he acts like this all sweet and caring. This is the man I fell in love with not the man I have to cover up bruises for.

We heard a car horn outside breaking me out of my thoughts. He released me grabbing our coats. He placed mine over my shoulders and draped his over his arm. Just as I was about to grab the doorknob he gripped my elbow and leaned in close to my ear.

"Don't embarrass me tonight."

"Ow you're hurting me." Hoping that would loosen his grip but it only caused him to tighten it.

"I don't want any problems out of you or your ghetto ass sister. He whisper yelled as he let go of me not before giving me a hard shove.

In the 6 inch stilettos I stumbled into the door quickly grabbed the handle and yanked it open. He held the door as I walked to the limo trying to regain my composure, and just like that the Casey I've been recently accustomed to has reappeared.

The car pulled up to the Georgia International Convention Center where our anniversary party was being held. When the driver opened our door Casey got out first and helped me out. As I stood along side of him I looked around and noticed the cameras flashing snapping pictures some of our friends and family standing around shouting our name and clapping, Casey wore a big grin on his face and waving at everyone as if he was the President of the United States. I mentally rolled my eyes grabbed his intertwining our fingers. I took a deep breathe and put on the biggest fake smile I could muster up. Game time I told myself as we walked down the red carpet smiling, giving pleasantries and a few hugs on our way to the door.

Dangerous Love On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara