Impusle || Chapter 20

Depuis le début

Everyone was watching me with wide eyes. It was probably the first time they saw me this angry. I mean, I've had my diva moments but this isn't one of them. This was a serious matter that could have ruined and put Cleo's life at risk.

My eyes glared at Harvey's direction, everyone was now looking at him which made him look at me, acting all innocent and terrified. Good. I want him scared of what I can do to him.

"We were trying to do this silently and peacefully, but it seems that you don't regret what you did at all. So here's the thing... Harvey, you're fired and expect a call from our lawyers by the end of the day." I mustered all my courage to tell him in a straight face.

He immediately came to defend himself. His look of shock was instantly replaced with a smug smirk. "You can't do that, sweetheart. You're not my employer and I sure as hell didn't do any illegal shit here."

My head throbbed with anger. How could this stupid bastard act like he didn't do anything wrong. The fact that he could pretend that he was innocent gets into my nerves.

"Oh, I sure as hell can. Scooter is under my employment, so technically — I'm your boss', boss', boss — meaning, I can fire who ever the hell I want." I gritted my teeth in anger.

The nerve of this guy. I swear to god, if he don'r shut his trap, I'm socking his eyeballs out.

"Feisty? How sure are you?" He was still smug — like he was mentalling patting his back for a doing a good job.

Good job, where? Pissing me off?!

"Shut up, Harvey. As Ariana said, you're fired. Security will escort you out — all your company provided equipments will be left and don't forget — you signed an NDA. That's an iron-clad contract and if I were you, I wouldn't violate it so nothing else will be added to your case." Scooter said as he stood and crossed his arms.

"Ari." Scooter said with a warning tone.

I silently tried to keep my emotions in check. No rash decisions, Ari — I have to keep my cool.

_____________________

"Ariana, where the fuck are you?" Jasmine grumpily asked over the line. She called me a few minutes back when I was still in the meeting.

I immediately called her as soon as I saw her missed calls. I knew it was only a matter of time before she tracked my ass down. Cleo probably told her what happened this morning.

Fuck — memories of Cleo telling me she loves me flashed in front of me. We were all cuddle up in bed, then she suddenly told me, straight up that she loves me! I freaked out, alright!

"I'm in my dressing room. Why are you so shouty this morning?" I tried to act normally, it was still possible that she had no idea what transpired earlier.

Sadly, luck wasn't siding with me.

"Oh, I don't know — maybe the fact that Cleo called me in an ungodly hour asking me to drop off your breakfast?!" She sarcastically said with a subtle attitude. " Or maybe because you dipped when she asked you to be her girlfriend and told you she loves you. I honestly can't choose."

Yikes -- Jasmine Peters is pissed. Shit -- I thought Cleo wouldn't tell her right away. I mean, we still haven't talked about it... well, because I left before she could get back to the hotel. Can you blame me though? I got scared... it was like an out of the body experience. I was like in an autopilot mode.

"Jas... please, let's not talk about that for now. What do you mean breakfast?" I said.

I heard some shuffling and her exhaling a large amount of breath. She sounded so frustrated.