Chapter 27

I wake up with a jump, I dreamed that I was stabbed with a knife, and I saw my intestines coming out of my belly like a rosary in the middle of my blood. How awful! The worst part is that I die without knowing all of Stephanie's body.

I suffer badly in the places of injuries. All the adrenaline of the night and especially the magic kisses of Stephanie are faded. There is no blood. It's just the pain of being beaten. I get up and find my clothes in the suitcase that Stephanie has prepared. I can count on her; she didn't make a joke of me bringing nothing or bringing only a swimming trunk. I am sure that's the effect of her parents. If we had gone to a place with her friends, she would have pranked me.

I dress in pants and a sweater with very long sleeves, which hide my bandages. I let the sleeves fall low on my fists to hide the last bandages on the knuckles, which had already been damaged on Wednesday. I still feel pain when I go down to the kitchen where I find Stephanie's parents. On the other hand, I am sure that it is not a dream, Stephanie placed her wonderful boobs on my face and I was authorised to kiss the top of her breasts. My body remembers it and my chest still burns.

I greet them. They invite me to join their very late breakfast. I pour myself a coffee with great pleasure and especially great need. Then I throw myself on a croissant, an omelette and even salads. It's 1 p.m., it's more like brunch.

— How was your party? asks the father.

— Very eventful. And by the way, thank you for the invitations. Stephanie told me that your company had paid.

— Don't worry about it. With pleasure. Professional representation costs.

— Yes, but it is expensive, so I...

— Eat! He cuts me. You are my daughter's boyfriend. I can pay an access to both of you.

— Thank you again, I mumble. Uh...Don't you have some painkillers?

— Why? Did you drink too much?

— Almost nothing, but I have some muscle pain.

— Obviously, you won't say anything, will you?

We turn around. Stephanie has just entered the kitchen. She wears a robe. She looks a little furious.

— Aren't you talking about what happened? Always so stupidly discreet.

— What happened? asks her slightly worried mother.

— He's in pain because he was stabbed twice.

I see her parents whitening.

— And he doesn't want to show that he is suffering! continues Stephanie.

— What happened? asks Mr. Jacquet.

— Marie-Dominique was attacked by a man. Frederic saved her when he was going to rape her. The man then attacked Frederic with a knife. He got a cut in the arm and another in the leg. But he arrested the rapist. He completely knocked him out and turned him over to the police.

All this with so much pride in the voice. It looks she is happy with my actions.

— And I got medicine for you yesterday. I keep them to give them to you when necessary, otherwise you will still do crazy things. But Frederic, don't worry, I will take care of you, and I prefer that you tell me your pain. Don't pretend nothing happened so that you can go to the 24 hours bike!

The parents are incredulous. I must show them my bandages. Stephanie gives me the medicine she received from the doctor. I have to tell my story again, with all the possible details.

— Well, says Stephanie's dad. You are the hero of the day. You are always there to defend young girls in distress.

— That's how he met our daughter already, adds the mother.