016. no him, no me!

Start from the beginning

before anyone could say anything, beth walked through with judith in her arms. tyreese and sasha looked at each other with confusion on their faces as they stood up. isabella stood up protectively, walking over to her baby sister, her hand gripping the knife in her waistband, just in case.

"how old is the baby?" sasha asked.

"barely a week. if you hurt her, just know that i won't hesitate to kill you." isabella said, making their eyes widen.

"we're not going to hurt her, sweetheart." tyreese reassured.

"okay." isabella said with a simple nod, sitting down, but closer to beth and judith this time.

"to be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby." sasha said as she walked closer to beth and judith. "beautiful."

"thanks." beth replied.

"how are you feeling?" sasha asked.

"she's- she's not mine." beth said.

"where's the mother?" she questioned.

"our mom died giving birth to her." isabella said, pointing to carl. "she's not around anymore. beth takes care of her."

"i'm sorry." sasha frowned.

"man, you people have been through the mill." tyreese said.

"haven't we all." hershal commented, standing up as he got his medical supplies off the table, putting them away.

"it's only getting worse out there. dead are everywhere, and it's only making the living less like the living." he said.

"you're the only decent folks we've come across." sasha said.

"you've been out there all this time?" estella questioned.

"our neighbour, jerry, he was one of those survivalist nuts. everybody on the block thought he was crazy, always preparing for the end of the world." tyreese explained.

"who knew?" hershal asked, shaking his head.

"jerry knew." isabella said back.

"that's right. he had a bunker under his shed in the back yard, sasha and i stayed there until we ran out of supplies. allen and ben were the first two people we ran into when we finally crawled out of that hole around jacksonville. used to be a bunch of us. 25 at one point." tyreese said.

"our camp was overrun. six, seven weeks ago." sasha added.

"and- and donna, she uh-"

"we'll see that she has a proper burial." hershal said.

"i appreciate you taking care of us. for a while, we didn't know who we were dealing with. just a kid in a cowboy hat holding a gun, and a tiny curly girl with a mean glare." tyreese said, making carl and estella giggle together on the bench.

"neither did we. we've had our problems with people." carl said, the first word he'd said since he came down.

tyreese laughed a little at himself before cracking a joke. "i must be the first brother in history to break into prison."