Chap. 22:

Disclaimer: THERE IS SMUT AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IF YOURE NOT COMFORTABLE READING SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THEN SKIP IT

Thursday already and we've just finished dinner that Anne had prepared, I couldn't help but feel guilty that she had to cook for me too. It's just not fair.

"Oh darling, why are you doing the dishes?" Anne fusses over me.

"It's the least I could do, Anne. Please, I've outstretched your hospitality and I want to help out in the house. Let me do this, you go and watch the telly" I smile at her. She frowns but I could see she's debating whether or not to let me handle the dishes or not. She sighs and smiles at me.

"You're an angel, Lucy. Thank you" she gives me a hug from the side and leaves for the living room. Midway of rinsing a plate, a pair of arms snake their way around my waist and someone rests their chin on my shoulder.

"You're such a kiss-ass to my mum" he whispers so Anne wouldn't hear. I chuckle and start drying the plates.

"It's the least I could do, I feel guilty for even bothering your family" I mumble, "Which is why I'm going to get a part time job to help pay the bills" I conclude. I could feel Harry's breath on my neck as he looks at the side of my face.

"You don't need to, Luce. What the hell? You're not a bother, they love you" he tightens his hold on my waist and straightens up his posture.

"I'm getting a part time whether or not you'll allow me, Harold" I insist and I hear him sigh.

"You're so stubborn, you know that?" he whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek and unwraps his arms around me. I hear the front door click open and close before Gemma comes in. I turn around and greet her before continuing with the last dishes.

**

"I am picking where you're working" Harry says out of nowhere. Literally out of nowhere while I'm brushing my teeth. I have a feeling he purposely came in while I was brushing because he knew I couldn't have a say in it. I roll my eyes and nod.

"William's uncle is the owner of 50's Diner, I already got a position for you there as a waitress" he looks at me in the eye through the mirror. I rinse my mouth and urge him to continue.

"Your shift is from 3:30 to 7 in the evening on weekdays, so that I could pick you up whenever. The wage is £9.15 per hour, sounds good?" he finishes as I wipe my face. I nod at him and smile, "Thanks, Harry" I kiss him on the cheek before leaving for the bedroom. Shouldn't Anne be worried? Shouldn't I be sleeping in the guest room bye now?

I change into my pajama's and bring out my notebooks and pens. Even when I study for immunochemistry and algebra, my brain is too busy computing for how much I could contribute in the house while balancing enough for my food. Harry comes back into the room with fresh pajamas while I bring out my calculator and start accounting everything for future preferences already.

"You know you don't have to work, right?" he asks while climbing in bed beside me. He reaches out and plays with the strand of hair at the side of my face for a few moments and tucking it behind my ear. "God, you're beautiful" I hear him mumble softly under his breathe.