No escape

Alpha Nicholas stood facing the crowd, a calm smile on his face that didn't reach his eyes.

"As all of you know I have been seeking a new mate since the loss of my wife Alicia . . . I would like to announce that I have made my decision."

"Who is it Alpha?"

Nicholas shifted his cold gaze to the person that had spoken, Alicia's best friend Kathy and she instantly lowered her head respectfully. Turning back to the crowd without responding, Nicholas let his eyes fall on his Beta, Alan and Gama, Carlos; who quickly nodded, pushing their way through the now murmuring werewolves and returning with a small whimpering boy.

"This will be your new Luna."

The murmuring of the crowd got louder before falling silent as Nicholas lifted his hand.

"Yes, this boy was my son, but that was before I disowned him after he caused the death of his mother; my mate through his own weakness. What better way to make him suffer the for the pain he brought to our entire pack, than for him to be stripped of his position as my heir and to take her place?"

The crowd shuffled nervously as he awaited their reply, until one by one
they slowly agreed with his words.

Everyone fell silent once again when a shaky, timid voice spoke up.

"T-This is . . . this is wrong! Dad don't do this , I'm you're son!"

Jamie flinched when his dad turned to him, the anger in his usually caramel brown eyes making them turn black.

"No, you're only a weak pathetic disgrace who needed a woman to fight for him."

"I-I____________________________."

"And when she was outnumbered, you left her alone while you ran away."

"S-She told me to run!"

"Did you even try to help her? And if it been one of your fellow pack members, would you have left us behind as well?"

"I-I-I'm s-sorry."

Coming up to the terrified boy, Kathy placed her arms around him in a comforting hug, bravely facing the pack's leader.

"Alpha why?! He's was a child, he didn't understand what was going on! Why are you punishing him like this?!"

"Silence! You dare to question me like you understand what I'm feeling?!"

"I do understand how it feels to lose a mate. I understand how it feels to lose the connection you have with the one person you're meant to be with, but you're not the only one suffering! Jaime's suffering too!"

"Remember your place woman! Just because you are my brother's widow doesn't mean I will allow you to escape punishment for disrespecting me . . . take her to the dungeon."

Carlos and Alan stepped foward, immediately obedient to their Alpha's words, when a growl caused them to hesitate.

"Don't touch her!"

"Jaime, get out of the way."

"A-Aunt Kathy?"

"Let them take me or things will be worse for you."

"You're all I have left."

"I'm sorry Jamie."

Pushing the boy away, Kathy surrendered to the two war wolves, closing her eyes as she heard loud sobs behind as she was led away. As soon as she disappeared from view. Nicholas addressed the crowd again.

"Now do you see what I mean? Kathy was once one of my most loyal pack members and now she speaks against me to defend a traitor among us! If . . . When I make this child my Luna he won't be able to cause trouble for anyone again, now who's with me?!"

A loud cheer went through the crowd and Nicholas nodded his head in approval.

"Jenny . . . Jessica take my new Luna to my room and prepare him."

Jaime tried to struggle from their tight grip, but it was in vain as they dragged him away to face the unknown.