CHAPTER 18

The day after dinner, mama had sent me  Shehroz's number.  And today about 4 or 5 days have passed since I haven't tried to write anything, in fact I haven't even saved it.  Mom several times asked me about this and today when I said no she scolded me a lot "why you didn't want to approach anyone".  And in response I said "mama,I don't want anyone" She continued with her lecture and forced me to write to Shehroz. I had no doubts that he was a good boy but it was me who didn't feel ready for now.  Even though mom had scolded me I preferred not to write to him because I didn't know how to start the conversation and if I asked Areeba she would have all the mental thoughts of her.
In the afternoon it was just me and mama at home as dad was at work and Imran was at after school.  I heard the bell ringing, I didn't want  to open it but mom was praying so I had to get up.  It was Shehroz;  what was he doing here?  And in what condition I was, these were the only questions that came to my mind. I made him sit in the living room and while mom finished praying I had to keep him company.  In questions  I don't know why but he asked me for my phone and it was also strange that I had it in my hand.  I had no problem giving him the phone and after a few moves he gave it back.  I didn't understand what he was doing and meanwhile my mother had come.
Ayesha: Son how are you? 
Shehroz: All right, aunt, tell me about you?
Ayesha: Thanks, I'm fine too.  Why are you here today?
Shehroz: Mama wanted me to deliver this to you
Ayesha: Ah that's ok thanks son.  Minahil go make tea
Minahil:   okay
Shehroz: No no now I have to go
Ayesha: No you came for the first time and now you are staying for tea

Mama insisted so much, that she convinced him and then I went to the kitchen and I saw mama go to finish praying.  But how could she leave the guest alone?  I really hope he doesn't ask me any questions.  As I was preparing, I heard footsteps and my heart stopped with my hands.  I didn't want him to talk to me because I never knew what to say and how to continue.  And so it was, I found him in the kitchen.
Shehroz: I'm sure you will make great tea
Minahil: Don't jump to judgment
Shehroz: I say that because I'm sure.  You didn't tell me much about yourself that day, maybe because you were flustered  but today I'd like to know more. 
Minahil: well I'm 18 I finished my studies and I would like to start university
Shehroz: interesting, but I didn't ask for your autobiography. 
I laughed when he told me this,and he added "you smile too"
Minahil: So I really like reading, writing I was a good student in school and I'm not very social. 
Shehroz: ahh what nice hobbies you have.  So I'll have a smart wife
How dare he say that, I… uff what mama got me to do!
Minahil: It's all ready, go to the living room and I'll serve you. 
And so he did, after having served, i had to stay there for a few minutes and luckily mama had finished and I went back to my room.  I can understand that we knew each other  but calling a wife was too much, but what am I going to do, I am not interested in such things.
After a while I heard the front door close and mama reached my room.
Ayesha: I  invited them home on Sunday to make a few steps forward. 
Minahil: step forward?  No mama I told you I don't want any relationship with anyone
Ayesha: Minahil try to understand he's perfect for you and you'll understand it too
Minahli: I didn't understand anything and I don't want to understand.  Don't invite them, mom I'm not ready
Ayesha: if so, talk to your father!
I was as shocked by mom's response how did i talk to dad.  I had to talk to Areeba about this only she can help me and i immediately called her;
Areeba: What when all this happened? When we got to the step forward
Minahil: Shehroz was here today, a little while ago and my mother gave me this news.
Areeba: I know all this was done in a hurry but  thinks your mom doesn't want any harm for  her daughter
Minahil: I know this but I really don't want to! 
Areeba: I haven't met him yet but from what you told me and your mother's choice I'm sure he's a great boy. 
Minahil: yes he is but me....
Areeba: don't complain and think about it.  And forget everything that happened
Minahil: The problem is not Shehroz indeed he is perfect but the thing that disturbs me is what had happened.
Areeba: Friend, you have to move forward in life and never regret what you didn't get. 
Minahil: I don't regret anyone, I just want time
Areeba: time, how much?  it's been more than four months
Minahil: that's not the point
Areeba: Just think about Shehroz and try to communicate a bit and then see if you like him or not. 
Minahil: uff but i can't
Areeba: if you try from your heart you will be able to achieve and do everything.  And now don't complain
Minahil: at your orders sir!
Areeba: Well done girl!

SHEHROZ
Minahil was so beautiful in casual clothes, when she opened the door for me, I could see her surprised, her hair tied up not so well made her adorable and her innocence concluded her perfect girl look.  I liked such sweet, sincere and innocent girls.
MINAHIL
In the evening I received a call from an unknown number without thinking too much I answered. 
Shehroz: it's me Shehroz
Minahil: ah....and the number? 
Shehroz: this morning I inserted my number
Mianhil: ah that's why you asked me for the phone.  Why are you calling all right? 
Shehroz: sorry about earlier I didn't mean to call you that but... a mistake! 
Minahil: never mind
Shehroz: anyway i told you, the tea was super good
Minahil: thanks
Shehroz: You know what our parents want to do?
Minahil: hmmm
Shehroz: You don't seem very convinced
Minahil: Shehroz, you are perfect you have no fault but i don't want relationships right now. 
Shehroz: May I know The reason?
Minahil: Because I'm afraid of failing and therefore I really don't want to have relationships. 
Shehroz: But-
And with that I turned off the call.  Who knows how he felt, that's why I don't want to do these things because I don't like to disappoint people.  Poor, I felt so guilty that i wanted to call back but I didn't have the courage.  I couldn't even sleep, so much I felt guilty, what a bad and rude behavior I had towards him.  Shehroz was perfect it was me who was having problems and when he called me to apologize I cut him off the call.  Noo Mianhil what have you done!