CHAPTER 13

I've been going to school for about 2 weeks and I'm totally healed. And when I returned everyone had welcomed me with great happiness. This made me feel very good and appreciated.  In this period Ali had come to school for about 4 or 5 days, he was no longer regular and no one knew about him .The few days he was at school, we had completely ignored each other. I saw a different Ali, he had become arrogant and unpleasant towards me and I understood how overnight a person could change.  Many times i saw him not talking very well about me or throwing "darts" this thing bothered me a lot.  I was the same person that he talked to every day, that he told everything to and I was the same one that he liked to sit with. He was so annoying and disappointing in the way he addressed me that I almost liked him not coming to school at least I didn't see him and I didn't hear his voice.  Now we are in the literature class one of my favorite subjects.  The new topic we have to study is "Amore cortese"(Courteous love). I don't know whether to think, that, learning this topic during this period was a coincidence or not. The teacher was explaining how this love manifested itself in the person and while I was taking my notes I stopped when the teacher said; "when you are in love everything is more beautiful for you, you see a change in yourself and you want this love to be reciprocated. Or instead of following the boring history lesson you think about your lover"
I could mirror myself in the teacher's words and while she was explaining she was staring at me all the time.  She didn't know the tragedy that had happened but it was better to leave her with the doubt. 
At the end of the lesson as I expected my teacher had stopped; 
Teacher: Minahil, do you have news of Ali?
Minahil: No no, I don't know anything
Teacher: How strange!
Minahil: Well...can I go now?
Teacher: But after that day, what happened? 
I heard the bell and  said "teacher I have the test now so I have to run!
Teacher: See you tomorrow!
I left the classroom and reached the class. I didn't have any test but I didn't want to give her any answer but I didn't even want to lie !
In the next lesson I was in my usual seat, and I could see that my partner was not there. That desk was empty and while I was thinking Mustfa came and sat in the empty seat.
I immediately remembered how much Ali got angry when someone took his place but i couldn't say anything so i kept quiet. Mustfa tried to communicate with me but i didn't want to, so i was silent all the time.
AREEBA
I could see Minahil heartbroken in the literature class. Though she didn't show it but I'm sure for a few seconds she must have thought about Ali.
This girl! She's so good at hiding her feelings. How brave, strong and confident she is, she never shows what she feels. She is always smiling and glad that no one could understand how broken she is from inside. If something like this would have happened to me for the second time, I would have screamed and I would have made myself heard by the world and above all by the person who had reduced me like this!  But she doesn't!  She demonstrates as if nothing had happened.