CHAPTER 7

It’s been a week since the trip, school was going well.  After that trip I didn’t talk to Ali about anything and I saw him very focused on his phone, he was always texting someone.  I didn’t pay much attention to it, I thought it was a normal thing until one day when lessons started Ali found a letter in his place. Everyone had turned to him asking what it was and he only replied “I think it’s an anonymous letter”. I felt my heartbeat increase it was a letter arrived for Ali it was definitely from a girl. I saw that while he was reading it he had a slight smile and then I only saw that he took a picture and sent it to someone. I was in total panic, he had received a letter and would not tell anyone who had sent it. I spent half the morning thinking about who that girl could be and then Areeba joined me.
Areeba:Do you look very dull? 
Minahil: Ali received a letter and was happy to read it, what if he was engaged?  No no Areeba what will I do! 
Areeba: I saw, first of all don’t worry and then you don’t care since you know everything about him and you love him so this letter shouldn’t bother you much! 
Minahil: Stop it!  I’m anxious, he’s never told me about any girl and where does this one come from? 
Areeba: You know that he had relationships with several girls, it will be one of them
Minahil: Ok but he would have talked to me, he tells me everything....
Areeba: Minahil, my friend listen to me, a person loves you when he would do everything to get you and would never let you down.  Have you ever seen this in his behavior?  I won’t deny that he may have feelings for you at first but in general he just used you, he just wanted you to be attracted to him.  And you fell right into the trap! 
Minahil: What am I supposed to do now? 
Areeba: I know you never want to cheat on someone and you truly love him, but not all people deserve you!  You are one of the best girls and why do you have to suffer for a man like him? 
Minahil: But I like him. Areeba I don’t know if you understand but I had this feeling in me after such a long time and he completely changed me.  Even if he doesn’t know about it! 
Areeba: That’s fine, when you feel ready try talking to him about this and see what he replies. 
Minahil: Not today, I’m not ready, if maybe he refuses..?
Areeba: Don’t worry and relax.
I came home all desperate, I locked myself in my room, I didn’t want to talk to anyone or have discussions of any kind. Some thoughts destroyed me continuously: and if another time I would be alone, maybe he doesn’t like me at all, it was just me who had gotten all paranoid or maybe for him we were just classmates.  In a second I remembered all the moments spent with him and before they could finish I felt my heart tell me “before you react or make any decision try to talk to him”.  I heard the door knocking was the mama, I didn’t want to talk but I had to open the door.
Ayesha: All right my love? 
Minahil: Yes mama all right
Ayesha: So why didn’t you come to have lunch? 
Minahil: I wasn’t hungry mama
Ayesha: ok  as you prefer. I’m here to talk to you about a marriage proposal. 
I wanted to scream and cry in despair when I heard this but I held back and replied
Minahil: No mama I’m not ready and then I already told you I want to finish my studies first please leave me alone! 
Ayesha: Why you always have to answer like that! 
I took a deep breath because I had tears that wouldn’t be long in coming and said “I’m sorry”. 
Mom left the room and I collapsed into tears.  I had never been able to form a good relationship with her, I could never say that I have a crush on Ali.  I can’t even imagine what would have happened!  I took the diary and I expressed myself properly, I wrote down every little thing that was bothering me and I don’t know when I fell asleep.
AREEBA
What will Minahil do.. she will never have the courage to confess her feelings. Just having him around she starts shaking at the thought of telling him everything I hope she doesn’t faint! Something tells me this relationship is not going to end well.  She knows it very well too but why then does she want to suffer again.  I’m so worried about her!  Even if now it’s already too late, because if she doesn't express herself now she will remain with the doubt forever but if she confesses she will be hurt... it's all so complicated and difficult.  I can only pray, may Allah  bless you Minahil and I hope your expectations never let you down.