Winter Contingency

Start from the beginning

"Could be the missing troops." Carter says. "Let's check it out.

The two Falcons move together.

"Put us down on the bluff." Carter orders. The Falcon circles for landing. "Jun, I want your eyes in the sky."

"Sir." Jun acknowledges. 

The Falcons land side by side, and Carter jumps down. "Let's go, Six."

Ash exits the Falcon along with Carter, Emile, and Kate. Jun and Jorge remain in their respective Falcons to provide support. 

Noble Team

"Alright, Noble Team. Spread out. Watch the approach." Carter orders and he motions to move out.

Ash follows Noble Team down the hillside. Emile swiftly jumps on to the top of a boulder and checks the surrounding area. "Structure point 3-4, looks clear from this angle."

Ash stops alongside the boulder and he looks off into the distance, and he sees a shimmer of something. He aims his DMR up and looks down the scope to survey down the hill.

"Something wrong, Six." Emile asks as he hops down the boulder.

Ash keeps looking for a few more seconds, but doesn't find anything. He then lowers his DMR. "Thought I saw something."

 "Eh, just first mission jitters." Emile walks past Ash.

"This isn't my first mission." Ash mutters as he follows Noble Team down the hill.

"Distress beacon's coming from just south of here, Commander. We're close." Kat informs.

"Roger that. Eyes peeled." Carter orders.

Soon they come to a burning vehicle next to a small building. There are blood spatters on the ground near the wreckage, but no bodies. Emile begins inspecting a broken pallet on the ground and removes a red object from it.

"Found the beacon." Emile tosses the beacon to Kat.

Ash notices a few dark marks on the ground and inspects them

Ash notices a few dark marks on the ground and inspects them. 'Is this plasma damage?'

"Make out any ID?" Carter asks.

"Negative, but it's military." Kat informs and she drops the beacon on the ground.

Ash moves over to the burning vehicle and checks it over.

Jorge speaks over the coms. "So, where are all the troopers?"

"Why are we not seeing explosives residue?" Kat asks as her and Emile check over the area.

"Noble Three, can you confirm any 'ex residue in the area?" Carter asks.

Jun speaks over the coms. "Hmm... Negative, sir."

"Plasma, maybe." Emile suggests.

Jorge speaks over the coms. "Can't be. Not on Reach."

Ash moves over to a few dark spots on a nearby wall and checks it out.