"Heard you were getting transferred." Cal says to her little brother.

"To the other side of Reach. I haven't been there, but I heard it was cold." Ash complains a little. "And I'm being transferred into a unit. I don't like working with others, more risks and variables within my calculations."

Cal puts a hand on Ash's shoulder and smiles. "Well, you'll have to learn to work with others eventually. Can't go through this entire war working by yourself."

"I like working alone, let's me go all out."

"Then you'll have to learn how to go all out with a team by your side."

"Cal-" Ash starts.

"Do it, for me?" Cal says with a pleading look.

Ash sighs. "Fine, I'll try to get along with them. I still find it a little weird that a Spartan-II, will be working with a squad of Spartan-IIIs.

Cal smiles. "I'll work with that and the UNSC is getting kinda desperate." She puts her helmet on. "I'll be off planet for a while."

Ash tilts his head. "Where you going?"

"Heading to the planet Heian, intel says there'll be a Minor Prophet there. They're sending me and a few ODSTs with to take him out."

"Please be careful." Ash says in worry.

"I'll be as careful as I can. I heard your special friend Dr. Grey is got transferred too."

Ash groans. "She's just an acquaintance, who's very smart and scary. And I happen to like going to see every time she's at base. But I think she'll be gone for a while, she's being sent to some backwater planet called Chorus."

"She taking the kid with her?"

Ash nods. "Yeah, she's taking little Callie with her. She thought it'd be the best since I'm also transferring."

"Sir, we're ready." A marine calls out behind Ash.

Ash glances over and then back to Cal. "I gotta go."

Cal brings Ash into a hug. "Stay safe little brother."

"I don't like being called that." Ash hugs his older sister.

After a few seconds they let of and Ash heads to the warthog.

"Stay safe and have fun." Cal calls out.

Ash waves as he hops into the warthog. "Will do!"

The warthog drives off.

.

.

.

.

Ash is looking down at his helmet before placing it on.

The warthog travels along a path towards a UNSC outpost. Two UH-144 Falcons fly above the Warthog.

Plant Reach

July 24, 2552, 07:28 Hours

The two UH-144 Falcons land in the camp, and the Warthog pulls to a stop. Ash gets out of the Warthog, and moves toward a building.

"Contact with Visegrad Relay was lost last night." Colonel Urban Holland says through coms to another spartan inside the building Ash is heading to. "All signals flatlined at twenty-six hundred hours."