forty-five

After changing into more lighter layers, Y/n and Shmi set out. Shmi lead the way through a rocky passage, a basket in her hand. While on their walk Shmi wanted to see if she could find any mushrooms.

"So how has Anakin beem treating you well?" Shmi asks as they slowly walk along a path.

Y/n smiles "Very well, he's very kind and caring." She says "You should be proud of him."

Shmi laughs lightly "I've been proud of him since day one." She says, "That day when Qui-gon took him away, I thought I'd never see my son again. Never get to see the man he'd become. I'm so glad ive been given the privilege to see him, even if it's not as often as I'd like."

"He loves you very much." Y/n says "He's told me several things about you, from what he could remember as a boy."

"I'm glad he got away from Watto that day, but if I had known he'd become like a slave to the jedi. I would've never let him go." Shmi says.

"If my uncle were still alive, he wouldn't let Anakin get treated like this." Y/n says.

Shmi smiles and crouches down picking some mushrooms "I know, he was a very good man. Even if I knew him for a short time."

Y/n looks around the area "I hear that alot." She says "I wish I had the chance to meet him, and really remember it. My memories of him are faint, same with my parents."

Shmi looks at Y/n "What happened to your parents?" She asks but instantly regrets it, watching as Y/n's face turned grim "I'm sorry." She quickly apologized.

Y/n shakes her head "It's okay." She says with a sigh.

"You don't have to talk about it." Shmi says quickly "I didn't mean to pry or anything."

"No it's okay, talking about it...them, talking about them keeps their memory alive I guess." Y/n says with a small smile, "They were killed by a sith lord named Count Dooku."

Shmi frowns "I'm so sorry." She says gently.

Y/n shakes her head "I've healed from it was....five years ago, coming up on six here soon."

The older woman gasps "You were fifteen when they died?" She asked in shock.

"Yes, it was a rough part of my life. I wouldn't have made it without Noah I wouldn't have made it." Y/n says.

Shmi grabs the last few mushrooms "Noah sounds like a good man." She says standing.

Y/n smiles as the two continue their way down the path "He is." She says, as they make their way farther up the path.

"How has Anakin been handling the war?" Shmi asks.

Y/n lets out a sigh "About as well as anyone." She said, just as Shmi crouched down to picking some more mushrooms.

"Has he been having nightmares?" Shmi asks standing and adjusting her basket, "When I first saw him again, he said he was having nightmares about me in pain."

Y/n looks at the older woman and nods "Yeah, he said he's been having strange dreams." She says.

Shmi frowns as they continue along the path "Is he okay?" She asks.

"He says he is, but truthfully he's beem stressed." Y/n says "He sometimes hardly sleeps. I'm helping him any way I can." She explains.

"I'm glad he has you." Shmi says "I don't think I've seen Anakin this happy before." She adds with a laugh.

Y/n feels her heart warm "I'm glad you think so."

"Think? I know so." Shmi says "That boy couldn't keep his eyes off you."