Chapter Twenty-Seven

ابدأ من البداية

"But what about your mate?" I interrupt.  

"He was killed. He died for the cause. The cause to bring order to the land. To ensure that our future is saved." She haughtily responds. 

"What do you mean he died for the cause? What cause? I don't want short answers Lisa. I want details. Every little detail you have before I kill your son." Reed looks down on her coldly. 

"The cause is one that we have been fighting for. The cause to protect our species. To ensure that noble blood is above all. My mate was killed by Alpha Dante in order for me to breed an Alpha, one that will take over this pack and support the cause we are fighting for." 

"Breed? What do you mean Breed? Were you the only one?" I question. 

"No. I am not the only one. It is an honour to be chosen to serve the Redbridge pack and take back what is rightly ours. Our ancestors have been fighting to take control and it is our duty to support and fight along side them to achieve their goals."

"What on earth are you talking about? Take back control? Take back what?" I say with confusion laced through my voice. 

"To take back control of the Kingdom, to make sure it is not ruined. Alpha Dante's bloodline is the purest of them all. He is the rightful king, the rightful ruler of the Kingdom! It is my honour to serve him. It was my blessing to bare him a son. It was my pride to see our son rule the Lumos pack!" She shouts out with conviction in her voice. 

My father lets out a loud chuckle, Lisa is looking at him in confusion while he still continues to laugh. All I can hear is his laugh, his shoulders moving up and down. He raises his hand to his eyes, like he can't take her words seriously enough. 

"What are you laughing at? You have no idea what is in store for you. I may not be rescued but I am happy to die for such a cause." Lisa stated as she raised her chin in the air. 

"Ahhhh." My father says through laughter. "You really have no idea what you are talking about. Dante's bloodline is pure? Oh you stupid woman. That man is not born from the original birth line."

"You're lying." She shouts. 

"Lying? No, no, no, my dear. You have been lied to. You don't carry anyone of noble blood. Dante is nothing but a fake."

"What do you know?" She snorts. 

My father gets up from his chair and looks her squarely in the eye. "Because the Wilder bloodline is the only bloodline in existence that can be traced back to the first wolf. This is something that only a descendent of Wilder will know. You are nothing but a chess piece. One that thought she was carrying noble blood? I bet you thought that Lamia was truly the King's mate." She looks on in confusion, it's like my father's words aren't resonating in her ears. "You thought your son would be the brother to the Queen? Didn't you?"

"He is, Lamia is Queen." She responds with confidence. 

It's then that an unknown entity arrives. It sends a warm chill up my spine. I don't even have to look at him to know who it was. My wolf desperately clawing at my mind to look at him, to drink in everything that we have missed. 

"Ah that's where you are wrong." Alexander bellows out. 

"King Alexander! You have to help me. I'm being tortured for no reason! My son is the brother of your mate Lamia. You have to save me, you have to protect my son's right to be the Alpha of this pack!" She screams out, begging for him to save her. 

"You stupid woman. Lamia is neither the rightful Queen or my true mate. The mate that you are speaking of, is right in this room." Alexander taunts.

Her eyes dart between the two of us, her eyes that were once filled with confidence are replaced with confusion. Her face that was once red from defending her actions is now ghastly pale. "No." She whispers.

"Yes the rightful Queen is Lily. Lamia is nothing but a fake. Everything you have been told is nothing but lie. You were nothing but a chess piece to use in a war that you don't even understand." He chuckles. 

"No. No! My son is the brother of the Queen! The Alpha of the Lumos pack." She mutters repeatedly. 

"No. Your son has never been the Alpha of this pack. Did you ever wonder why your son could never control the pack here? Why his Alpha commands never worked? Or why he was so weak compared to the other members of this family?" My father smirks. "It's because the Lumos pack can never be controlled by someone that doesn't hold the blood of a wilder. That was the blessing of this pack and why your son has never been able to uncover the secrets you have been desperately seeking. Only a true blood member can run this pack. That is why when Reed returned, the little power your son had, shifted to its rightful owner."

Her eyes widen in horror. "That's right my sweet wife. Your son is not of nobility. Your son is nothing but a fraud. He is an illegitimate bastard. Let me tell you a secret... The Wilder blood backdates to the first wolf, Pandora. Everything you believed in was a lie." He whispers. 

"You won't even be able to share it with anyone, because you're going to rot here for the rest of your life. Don't worry your son will be joining you shortly." Alexander interjects. "You may think Lamia is Queen, but don't forget I am the King and when we win this war, you need to think which side you want to stand on, because if you follow down this path.... well I believe you will be killed for treason." 

Finally Lisa's eyes widen, the tears are endlessly rolling down her face. Her body shivering from the cold or the pain, I couldn't tell you but when Alexander stands in front of her. He gives a command that she can't not resist. 

"I want to know everything. Now." His wolf commands.