Chapter 1: The First Day

Tris POV

Riiiinnnnnnnngggggggg!!!

My alarm clock goes off. I immediately cover my ears with my pillow.

"Shut up shut up shut up." I say repeatedly.

Why did I even set my alarm?

I roll over to my left side and I fell asleep again within a second.

.

Rrrriiiinnnnnngggggg!!!

I wake up again with a groan. I sit up on my bed, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes.

I stare at the wall for a few minutes, wondering why I set up my alarm.

Then it clicks. First day. High School.

I look at the clock and it reads 7:34! Holy shiznits! I'm gonna be late!

I jump out of my bed and take a 2-minute shower. I brush my teeth and hop out the bathroom.

4 minutes. Well that's a new record. I change into my outfit, brown long sleeves, scarf, and my mustache earrings.

I put on my black converse and my bag and went downstairs.

"Hi sweetie." My mom greets me.

"Hi mom." I say. "Where's Caleb?"

"He went to school early."

"What a nerd." I mumble under my breath.

I eat my breakfast hurriedly.

"Whoa, slow down. You might choke yourself." My dad said while reading a newspaper.

"I have to. I'm going to be late for my first day of school."

"Don't talk when your mouth is full." He said, sipping from his mug of coffee, not looking away from the newspaper.

It's already 7:43 when I finish eating my breakfast. I grab my bag and give my mom and dad a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, mom! Bye dad!" I say and hop in my Purple Mercedes.

I can say that we're kinda rich cause my dad is a business man. We moved here in Chicago cause my dad got promoted in his business.

He is meeting some of his co-workers here so... We're stuck with him.

I drive towards my new school, Divergent High. I finished being 1st honors in my freshman year in New York. Now I'm going to start my sophomore year here in Chicago.

We've been moving a lot these past years lately. I was also transferred into different schools around the world for like 10 times. It kinda suck, though but we'll just have to deal with it.

...

I park my car in the back part of the school.

I get out of my car and walk towards the office to get my schedule. Stars, this place is huge.

I walk inside the school and lots of people turn their gaze at me. Must be because I'm the "New Girl" here? Jesus, I hate drawing this kind of attention to myself. I walk silently throught the hallway, their eyes burning holes into my face.

Finally, I reach the goddamn office. I open the door and walk towards the brunette lady.

"Uhmmm... Excuse me, Miss. Where do I get my schedule?" I say.

"Oh! Right here, sweetie. Name?" She answers.

"Tris. Beatrice Prior." I say.

"Ohhhh, the new girl." She said as she hands me my schedule. "Goodluck on your first day!"

"Uhhh... Thanks?" I say and walk out the door.

I look at my schedule,

...

Science - Ms. Matthews

History - Mr. Cleveland

Music and Arts - Ms. Wu

-- Lunch Break --

English - Mrs. Grey

Gym - Coach Amar

-- Vacant Period --

Math - Ms. Matthews

Geography - Mr. Stillinski

Locker: 46
Combination: 4664

...

I'm still scanning my schedule when I bump into this girl with short black hair and mocha skin.

"Oh my God, I'm so so so sorry..." She said.

I chuckle. "It's okay." I say.

"I'm Christina, by the way." She said sticking her arm out for me to shake. I gladly take it.

"Tris Prior." I say with a small smile.

"Oh! You must be the new girl!" She beams. Why is everybody calling me that? "Actually, this school has very few transferees each year so... Glad to have you! Can I see your schedule?"

I hand her schedule and her eyes light up.

"OOOMMMMGGGG!!!! We both have all the classes together! And your locker is right next to mine!" She said. Stars, this girl is loud.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

"Come on! I'll help you get into your locker. It's on hallway 3B and we'll just go to our first class since we're ALMOST LATE! Come on!" She yells, and she drags me to a hallway.

"Here's your locker." She said bobbing her haid to locker 46. "Mine's 45."

I put some of my books in the locker and head to our first class.

☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎

Hi guys! So this is the first part! Tell me what you think. I hope you like it!

-StayFearless...