"It's delicious."

"I can say that since you are stuffing that mac n' cheese. By the way, when do you get back to your university?"

"Next week. Monday."

"Okay. So, the strict professor will be back."

"The strict professor never went anywhere. I think you missed her."

"I did. I missed you this whole week. I was so depressed that I found amazing information on the Mexican mafia."

"Then you must sulk more. Works wonders."

"I'm hurt."

"Okay, I'm done. I'm going to the study. After running down the information I'll do the dishes. Keep it for me."

"No, you are exhausted, I'll do it for today."

"Please don't make me argue with you over dishes."

"Okay."

I went straight to the study and after a little while uncle joined me. He took out a file from the drawer and pushed it toward me.

The first thing I saw opening the file was about his family. Diego Espina, Head of the Mexican Mafia. His wife, Maria Garcia, is the heiress of the biggest drug cartel. They fell in love when Diego was at war with Maria's father. Quite interesting. Their marriage created an alliance and a peace treaty between them. They had a daughter, Malena Espina, after one year of their marriage. But still, they didn't have an heir for the mafia. After two years they gave birth to a boy, Marco Espina, and finally an heir.

"Okay, so they are a happy little family."

"No, they are not. After almost five years of their marriage, Diego, got indulge in drugs and women. A mafia lord in the day and a womanizer at night."

"So, prince charming turned into a devil. Did everyone support this change?"

"Nobody did but it was too scary for them to confront him. Maria tried once, but she got beaten heavily. She got hospitalized but was able to cover it with a fall from the stairs."

"What about their children?"

"Both of his children were really angry with everything. He neglected Malena but always loved Marco. After all, he's the heir of the mafia."

"After that incident did she ever confront him?"

"No. She continued to act like a perfect trophy wife. And Malena and Marco acted like the kids of the elite society."

"Funny thing is that nothing is elite about their father. What happened to Maria's side of the family?"

"Diego took over the drug cartel after Maria's father's death."

"No heir?"

"Actually she had a brother but nobody knows about his whereabouts. Apparently, he didn't want to indulge in this dirty business."

"Okay."

"What about Diego's allies?"

"Some big drug cartels and some small mafias. The reputed mafias are not interested to do business with him and go against their values."

"That's good news."

"But there's bad news."

"What?"

"We don't know where Diego is. He's running his whole kingdom from a secret hideout. Since his son is still not the head, so, he's given the legal side of the business but he knows everything that goes on."

"God this man is getting on my nerves. I hate myself for saying this but he has some amazing control skills."

"That he has."

"Okay keep track of the Mexican mafia. I want to know about each and every business. And in the meanwhile, I'll try to find his whereabouts."

"Another thing, the Italian mafia is back at its work. I guess Carlos is back."

"Of course he is. I have seen how desperate he is to find me. He can be the King but this time the Queen will have the upper hand."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Just block them till the right time."

"How much? Look I know how you strain yourself with work and I know this whole Diego thing will end in no time. But this time set a deadline. How much do you miss him?"

A pause. A thought in my mind that is making me dizzy. Of course, I miss him. It feels like somebody cut my oxygen supply but still, I cannot hurry. I want the man and his kingdom to be safe. For that, every step needs to be calculative and cautious. So, I answered after thinking.

"Okay then keep a deadline of one month. Within one month I need to know everything about Diego including his sleep schedules."

"That sounds good. I'm on it. Now that you are back I'll get an extra pair of hands to help me with the situation."

"You did a great job when I was away. You deserve a pineapple pizza for that."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Uncle who'll say you are the best hacker in the Underworld? Have you seen your expressions? It feels like a kid is given his favorite toy."

"The joy is the same, princess. We have to keep this side alive if we need to go through the darkness."

"I know."

"You get back to your room. Sleep peacefully. It was a long flight. I'm sure you are jet lagged."

"That I am. So, I'll do the dishes and then I'm off to bed. You also go and sleep. We will look into further information tomorrow. And that bastard has to come out from his rat hole. Goodnight Uncle."

"Goodnight sweet pea."

I changed into his shirt and climbed on the bed and tugged myself under the soft, silk sheets. It was so good to have my bed back, just a pair of strong hands were missing here. The hands which held me tight till this morning. But I know I cannot sulk over him right now. I have to bring out that piece of shit before he pulls something big. If he's hiding it means he's planning something and if it's against Carl, then we are in huge trouble. The faster we can move the better it will be. And with that thought, I drift off to sleep.